¤ 9 ¤

"Pregnant?" Jungkook almost attracted all the attention on us.

I couldn't deal with this at the moment, she was as troublesome as ever. Holding the bridge of my nose between my fingers I came up with an excuse very quickly "No Mina I am not and will never be, I have an appointment with Dr. Kim in dermatology, I'm planning to get fillers injection on my lips."

"Oh I see must feel good to be married to a rich CEO" if only she knew...

"Well I was very happy to see you but I really have to go, I can't miss my appointment." I said forcing a smile in my face until she was out of sight. Without knowing it she just reopened a deep cut inside of me that was never healed.

"We're here" Jungkook suddenly said as I was just walking next to him absent-minded. I turned around and noticed the nametag on the door. Knocking softly I opened the door and was met with a rather young and good looking man. He looked like he was in his late 20s. "Ah you must be Mrs. Lin please come in." He said standing up from his desk to shake hands.

"Namjoon hyung wooow look at you all serious and in a white blouse, I could almost forget how much of a party goer you were." Jungkook said laughing obviously teasing the doctor who was smiling wide at his words.

"Look at the baby all grown up and protecting people now, you're almost as strong as me now, come here it's been ages" there was this same feeling again I felt whenever I saw Jin and Jungkook together, their friendship was pure and strong almost as if they came from the same mother and seeing something as beautiful as this warmed up my heart. Jungkook and my supposed doctor held each other as two brother who haven't seen each other for years would do.

"Please excuse the PDA Mrs Lin, Jungkook is an old friend."

"Please call me Emma, Jungkook's friends are my friends as well."

I smiled brightly at Jungkook who seemed to be very touched.
"All right Emma then have a seat please. As you may know Jin already informed me about the situation. I want you to know that as your doctor it is my job to keep this visit private, you won't have to worry about anything I guarantee that." He said and if I was feeling a bit down earlier his words really lifted my spirits up.

"Now I would like to take a look at your cut if you could please take off the scarf."
I sat down on a long chair and proceeded to take off my coat first. For some reason Jungkook seemed tense and turned his back on me. Weird I thought, it's not like I'm not wearing anything underneath. Namjoon came closer and took off the bandages "I see, it's perfect the cut is clean and is healing beautifully." Namjoon said after touching it delicately. Jungkook was looking again but this time the look on his face was more serious and stern. And behind that facade he almost seemed in pain as if it hurt him to look at it.
"You will not need to bandage it anymore, I'll prescribe some antibiotics just to make sure there won't be any infection in the future and a regenerating cream to apply on it every night before you sleep. And once the cut is completely healed we'll start with surgical procedure. I promise you'll forget there was a cut once." He said excitedly

"By the way, we're having a gathering next Friday and I'd be really happy to see both of you." Namjoon said once he finished printing my prescription.

"Besides, the boys miss you Kook."
"If Mrs. Emma accepts to come then I'll come too. I can't leave her side under any excuse hyung." Jungkook said looking at me waiting for my answer.
"I'll only come if you stop calling Mrs."
He sighed heavily, "I promise I will try." Feeling satisfied with myself I put the prescription in my bag and thanked Namjoon before leaving his office with Jungkook.

___________________

Mrs. Lee opened the door as soon as the car pulled in front of the gate. "Welcome home Mrs. Lin, the young master informed me that he will be away for a business trip for the next two weeks."

To be honest I couldn't care less, I've been wanting a divorce for a long time but for some reason whenever I talked about it Alex would get overpossessive all of a sudden and threaten to kill me if I ever did try to leave him.
"Thank you Mrs Lee, you can take the night to rest, I'm expecting a guest so I'll make dinner myself."

She simply bowed and left.
"Who's coming?" Jungkook said following me to the kitchen.
"I forgot to tell you, Jin called this morning he'll join us for dinner. He said he'll be here by 8."

And without waiting any longer I went to the kitchen and started preparing the meat first, I also wanted to make a lemon pie because I knew it was his favourite. Jungkook spimply sat down on one of the stalls and watched every move I made.

It's been already three hours since I've started preparing but somehow
Mina's words kept on ringing inside my head. I've spent so much time trying to move on, trying to forget but I couldn't. The day I lost him I lost myself too. I though I would be able to be happy but nothing, not Jin nor my work or Alex's fortune could bring my baby back and I hated him for that...my throat got tight and my eyes watery. I didn't notice I was crying until my tears fell on top of the counter.

"Mrs. Emma what happened did you cut yourself?" He stood next to me, His voice was full of concern.

"It's nothing, Jungkook really you should go and wait for Jin he'll be here very soon." I said taking the arpon off and walking towards the door, I needed to be alone in order to calm myself down. But as soon as I turned my back on him and was about to leave, Jungkook did the most unexpected thing ever

"Please Emma, don't hide your feelings from me." He said grabbing me by my shoulders and hugging me to his strong built up torso.
"This is the most innapropriate thing I've ever done, and you'll probably be mad at me in a second, but you have handled enough by yourself, you said I was your friend so please Emma as your friend let me share your burden."

And with that I found myself crying my heart out in the arms of a man I only knew for a few weeks but who in such a short period of time became one of my closest and dearest friend.
We stayed like that, Jungkook holding me in his arms his body leaning against the counter, his hand gently patting my head, his voice calm and relaxing telling me that everything would be okay. And it was not until I completely regained my composure that he let go of me.

"I'm sorry Emma, I won't let this.."

I don't know what has gotten into me at that moment but before he could finish his sentence I put my hands on his shoulders and pecked him on his cheek. "Thank you for everything Jungkook, truly I mean it."