¤ 11 ¤

Jungkook had the most shocked face I had ever seen in my life. Although he didn't let go of my hands for a second I felt his grip loosen a bit. As for me I had already been crying from the moment I began tell him about my past.

"I was pregnant, when I was about to end it all, I finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel, what started out as an inhuman act was now turning into the most precious thing in my whole existence. I remember Jin's frightened looked when he came running from the kitchen because I couldn't contain my cries, I wasn't sure if it was from happiness or guilt, but I knew at that moment that I had a reason to live for."

I took a deep breath, and looked a Jungkook apprehending his reaction, what I saw however broke my heart; He was looking at me with pure pain in his eyes, silent tears streaming down his face. Jungkook was crying but why? was he crying for me? All I knew was that I wanted to hold that man in my arms and take his pain away, seeing him in that state broke me more than I thought it would. So without hesitating I got down on the carpet and held him tight, securing my hands around his strong body and laying my head on his shoulder. His scent was the purest form of therapy I've ever known, I felt him relax in my arms, his right hand traced my back slowly rubbing small circles while the other one rested at the back of my head, his fingers intertwining with my long locks.

"I wish I was there sooner Emma, I would've helped you through everything." He said his warm breath gently hitting my cheeks. We stayed in each others' arms for a while, none of us was talking, we didn't need to communicate verbally, and for once silence didn't feel lonely, for once in my life it felt peaceful, therapeutic and comforting.

"What happened to your child Emma?" he said after a long moment of hesitation.

I broke the embrace and looked at him. "When I learnt I was pregnant that baby became my priority, Jin and Hoseok were delighted at the idea of becoming uncles, and as for myself even though I hated his dad from the bottom of my heart, that child was innocent, he was a part of my soul, he was growing inside of me and I couldn't give up on life, I had to fight for him. Of course when Alex heard the news his reaction was what I expected; He wanted me to abort it. Can you believe that? his own child! he didn't want any from the beginning and he made it clear, but how could I ever give up on my only hope in this world. That night I took the best and the worst decision ever of my life. I went upstairs, packed my clothes and decided to leave him. I was ready to start a new life away from him, Jin already knew and supported me, he said he would arrange a meeting with his friend who's a well known lawyer... everything seemed to be falling perfectly in place. Alex didn't even follow me that night when I left the mansion, he didn't even try to hold me back and I knew something was fishy about that, but I chose to ignore it on focus on mine and my baby's well being. I took the road at night and was driving slowly, soon enough I saw a black SUV tailling me closely and knew it was probably him or his men. The road was very slippery and dark.." I sighed as I felt the tears coming back again, "That night, he ordered his dogs to stop me no matter what, I was almost at Jin's when I saw the car accelerating and moving to my left side trying to push me against the wall, I lost control of my car and went full speed into a rock concrete wall. I didn't have any severe injuries but as you guessed I lost the child that night."

"I'm so sorry Emma." Jungkook said after a long pause holding me stronger than ever, I was still crying but somehow I felt less miserable in his arms, after three years and countless therapy sessions, it only took one hug from Jungkook to start healing my torn heart. And like that I cried myself to sleep that night, and he was there wipping every tear away from my cheeks.

____________________________

Waking up the next morning gave me a new feeling, I clearly remembered falling asleep on the floor, but when I opened my eyes I was tucked in the warmth of my bed and Jungkook was gone. I remembered last night's events and blushed at the excessive crying and intense looks we exchanged, although my marriage was over a long time ago I still felt guilty for being attracted to someone else while I was already taken; yes Jungkook was the only thing occupying my mind now and after opening up to him and seeing how he genuinely cared for me I was slowly and deeply falling in love with him. As if he read my mind, Jungkook knocked on my door and peaked in giving me the brightest smile I've ever seen.