¤ 7 ¤

Jungkook's POV

It was already night time when Mrs. Lee came out of the room; "The young Mistress woke up, I will inform Mr. Lin" she said and I could finally relax at her words. She was safe and sound but deep inside I felt extremely guilty, if I hadn't left her alone in that red room none of this would've happened. As if feeling my sorrow, Jin patted my back gently "It's not your fault, if anything she's still breathing thanks to you Jungkookie." and I won't lie his words were what I needed to hear at that moment

Alex soon came in with one of his in men and barged in her room with such a force I knew it could only mean one thing; he was mad and he intended to let it out on her. My legs moved by themselves at that moment and there was only one thing on my mind: to protect her at all costs. I followed right after him, and when I saw her frail body on the floor I truly wanted to murder him right there in front of everyone, and I might've done it if it wasn't for Jin Hyung who managed to take me out of the room and knock me hard against the wall. "I will kill him hyung, you hear me! Let go of me."

"Jungkook don't act irrational, she's been through a lot already, if not for your own safety, do it for hers, let it slide this time. Besides this house is full of his men, don't be stupid."

He was right, the last thing she needed was more stress in her life. Alex soon opened the door and left as fast as he came in. "Come she needs us" hyung said and he was right, because as soon as he took her in his arms she broke down. She was a mess and all I could do was watch her helplessly; that day I swore that no matter what happens I will never leave her side again.

Emma's POV:

It's been a while since I've last had a panic attack. I guess Jungkook wasn't very far since he came in without even knocking "What's going on Mrs. Lin, are you hurt?"

I was breathing heavily I could barely talk, "No, panic attacks" I said regaining my breath quickly. "It's all right, just breathe slowly, everything will be okay." Jungkook crouched down and rubbed my back hesitantly as if asking for my permission to touch me. His touch was feather like, I could barely feel his hands but somehow it was soothing and very relaxing, I slowly regained my breath and calmed down. "Thank you I feel much better."

"Do you want something to drink, or eat, or maybe I can call Jin hyung for you, he's spending the night here."

"No need to, besides Jin must probably be sleeping and drooling by now." We both laughed at the thought. "I'm here then, you can go back to sleep." Jungkook said before turning his back ready to leave. "Leave the door open please," fear was consuming me again when he was about to close it. "Don't be scared Mrs. Lin, see that chair in the corridor?" Jungkook said making my eyes look behind him, I nodded "I'll be staying here all night long, nothing and no one will harm you I promise."

"Emma" I said "Please call me Emma." He turned around and smiled so wide it reached is eyes "Then good night Mrs. Emma."

With that I drifted back to sleep feeling more relaxed and safer knowing that he was watching over me.

_________

I felt cold that morning, I opened my eyes slowly and noticed the balcony wide open; I guess Mrs. Lee aired the room when I was asleep. Getting up from the bed has never been this difficult. My body was sore, my muscles knackered, and my head was pounding hard, but it was nothing compared to the pain I felt on my neck. I lazily threw the blankets away from me and stood up, I was still shaken by everything that happened yesterday. So many questions swirled in my head I didn't even know where to begin... "Good morning sunshine" Jin said peaking through the door "Can we come in?" and before even waiting for an answer, he opened the door wide and came in with a shy and tired-looking Jungkook behind him. I looked at him and realized he must've been up all night long watching over me, I felt really bad; I couldn't even meet his eyes.

"How do we feel after a good night rest?"

"I feel better Jinnie thank you, I'm sorry to both you, I've cause you a lot of troubles"

"Emma, stop talking nonsense; you almost died yesterday and you are sorry for the trouble? Please girl don't make me give you my legendary forehead flick when you haven't recovered yet."

At that I laughed wholeheartedly, this was Jin, my mood-lifter, I don't know what life would've been like if I hadn't met him. "Did you guys have breakfast already?" I said getting up "We were actually on our way to the kitchen before coming here, to be honest I'm so hungry I could die right now, but Jungkook insisted th.."

"Insisted?" I repeated "Oh no it's nothing, come let's eat first and change your bandages afterwards."

Due to the presence of a certain someone, I preferred having breakfast in the small kitchen upstairs. After last night's events, Alex was the last person on earth I wanted to see. I quickly washed my face and joined Jin and Jungkook who were already stuffing their mouths with pancakes.

Even though I barely ate anything yesterday, I had no appetite this morning. Coffee was the only thing I was able to ingurgitate. Gathering me courage, I finally managed to ask "So, tell me Jungkook, what exactly happened yesterday?"

"Emma, I think you shouldn't stress yourself with this, just focus on getting better that's all you have to do for now." Although Jin sounded very convincing, I needed to know, my life was stake and no one could stop me from knowing the truth.

"No Hyung, she has all the right to know. I don't intend to hide anything from you Mrs. Emma," Jungkook said, "we were dealing with a trained assassin; he was clearly sent to kill you." He just blurted it out with a calmness I rarely saw.

"What happened to him then?" I questioned even though I was pretty sure that Jungkook twisted his neck in my office. He was hesitant and I regretted asking him. Taking a deep breath he regained his composure and answered "I killed him."

Jin stopped eating suddenly at his friend's confession and a long silence settled between us three. "I could never thank you enough for saving my life Jungkook, please be at ease I am aware that you probably had no choice but to kill him, it was either him or me. But there's something I want to know though, I was pretty sure that my office was locked up, and the red room could only be opened from the inside, how did he manage to get in?"

"I did a quick inspection while waiting for you, although the building was recently renovated, the construction was kept the same, he used the old ventilating system and found his way through the ceiling."

"Does this have anything to do with what happened to Alex?."

"Nothing can be confirmed yet Mrs Emma. I've already started investigating with the help of a few friends of mine. We're dealing with a beast killer, ready to slaughter without any remorse. He knew he would either suceed in his mission or die. I even found a bottle of poison on him, so keeping him alive to interrogate him would've been useless anyways. He also used fishing line which from my experience is a signature of a well known clan, but like I said I need more time and more data to be sure."

I decided not to press him anymore than that and let them both finish their breakfast. Somehow I knew this was only the beginning...