¤ 15 ¤

I felt warm, safe and protected, similar to how I used to feel when my mother hugged me as a child. I don't remember her face or my father's, I don't remember their voices either. All I can recall is the tender and gentle touch she would give me on my head when I slept next to her. To be honest I don't remember anything prior to my life at the orphanage... but this feeling right here felt good...

I opened my eyes slowly, blurred by the intensity of the sunrays coming through the window. I didn't recognize my surroundings and I surely didn't remember going to sleep in my or anybody's room. Panicked I turned around to throw the blankets away but my worries soon faded as I was met with Jin's adorable face; I snuggled into his arms as he slept soundly next to me, no wonder I felt this warm, I wanted to stay like this forever, I wanted to float in this sweetness for the rest of my life so I did the only thing I could do to make it last; I tucked myself closer to him and went back to sleep.

___________________________

When I woke up few hours later, I could see the sun already coming down and I realized I had slept throughout the whole day in what was probably Jin's room. The bed was empty, but I could hear faint voices and chatters not so far and I was able to discern his voice along with Jimin's cute protesting. I threw the cover away and stood up only to feel a sharp pain in my feet. I looked down and they were clean and bandages properly. I smiled knowing that Jin probably took care of me all night long. I wasn't wearing my dress anymore and I was a little bit scared at the thought of someone undressing me.

The bedroom was big but didn't have a bathroom and I was in desperate need to freshen up. I opened the door slowly trying to make the least noise possible, not knowing why exactly but somehow whenever I was at someone else's house I always made sure my presence went as unnoticed as possible. Luckily the room I was in was at the end of a long carpeted hallway and the bathroom was directly across from it.

My first reaction when I looked at my reflection was a shocked one, followed by disgust and then sadness. My makeup was smudged around my eyes, mascara and eyeliner everywhere on my cheeks, and my lipstick although almost gone was a little bit faded around the corners of my mouth. I started scrubbing my face with soap not caring how aggressive it was, and after a few minutes I could see my pale skin again. I felt as if I have considerably aged in the spam of one night. Looking closely at myself, I noticed a small red dot on my neck and the moment my wet hands reached out to touch it, I realized what it was; a small drop of blood. As if someone had woke me up from a dream all of yesterday's events came back flooding into my head; the house, dead bodies all round my bedroom, Jungkook and me... and finally the gun in my hand. Shock washed over me and it was getting more difficult to breathe, I was struggling, my throat felt tight and my lungs even tighter and before I knew it I was already sitting on the floor facing a panic attack like I've never seen before.

I was in desperate need of air; that was all I could think of, the more I thought about how to breathe the more I forgot how to do it. I wanted to call for help but my voice died in my throat before I could even speak. Someone I thought, I just needed someone...

"Emma!"

There he was; always here whenever I needed him. Jungkook came running to the bathroom after I heard him open the bedroom door. He looked even more panicked than I was, probably because he didn't find me in there as he was expecting to.

"I'm here, it's okay, breathe slowly, focus on me okay? You can do this"

I looked at him and his eyes were diving deep into my soul, I focused on the way his mouth was moving, the way he was breathing and tried to imitate it. Soon enough my own rhythm slowed down to match his and I could feel my body calm down.