¤ 6 ¤

Jungkook's POV

I was supposed to start a new job today, not that I haven't served as a personal bodyguard before, but it was always for spoiled arrogant brats, teenagers who thought the world revolved around them. It was getting annoying but I made good money so I couldn't really complain. This time was different, I was supposed to protect a married woman, at least an adult would be less troublesome then a kid.

I was about to leave my apartment when I received a text from my employer... "Not even a phone call huh?" these rich people were really getting on my nerves. The text said to go to an address which when located on Google map indicates Starlight Studio building. "Isn't this where Hoseok hyung works?" guess I'll have good company then.

Once I had arrived at my destination, I parked in the company's private parking lot and proceeded to check the surroundings first. The building stood tall next to a restaurant on the left and an alley on the right. There was only one main entrance at the front, and a small exit at the back. The place didn't seem secure; I'll have to be very vigilant in a building like that. I went inside and saw Rita at the entrance "Oh Jungkook, Hi it's been a while, how are you doing? Are you here to see Hoseok?"

"Morning Rita, I'm good thanks, actually I'm here for work, I'll head upstairs see you later little Riri"

I went to the second floor and I swear I you could hear Hoseok's laugh from miles away. I smiled to myself; maybe I'll be able to enjoy my work for once. I was nervous to meet my client, she was a married woman and I didn't know exactly how old she was. Her husband didn't seem very old when I first met him. I was hoping she wouldn't make things difficult for me.

I took a deep breath and pushed the door to where the photo shoot took place. It was full of people in there, makeup artists, stylists, piles of fancy clothes and bags, the place reeked of cosmetics' smell and perfume. I looked around and no one seemed to have noticed my presence. "This is bad! I thought to myself, if anyone was to intrude it would be a piece of cake." I stood up next to the entrance and examined the room, I didn't want to interrupt them since apparently they were shooting a commercial today. Hoseok noticed me and came running. "Kook hey, how are you doing man? We haven't seen you in a long time."

"Hyung, I'm good thanks, I'm sorry my last job was a pain in the neck, I could barely have enough time to sleep with those troublesome teens."

"It's okay, we've missed you, you should come to the gathering next week, we're having dinner together at Namjoon's. By the way, what brings you here?"

"A new contract" I sighed, "Do you know the CEO of TEX Corporation?" Hoseok flinched at my words "Yeah that piece of shit, Lin right? What about him?" I couldn't help but notice how his face hardened and his voice came out a bit different than before. "Yeah that one, he hired me to be the personal bodyguard of his wife. I actually came here to meet his wife, I was hoping you could show me the old Mrs. Lin" As soon as I finished my words Hoseok's expression changed; he exploded into hysterical laughs loud enough so that everyone was looking at him now.

"Oh God, yeah well lucky for you the Old lady is here today and I just happen to know her I'll introduce you to her if you want" he said tapping my shoulder. I was relieved; if Hoseok were to introduce us it would be less awkward. I was about to follow him when a loud voice made everyone stop in their tracks "All right I think that's a wrap, I got all I need here. Thank you everyone for coming." The photographer said, turning around, "That's your Mrs. Lin By the way" Hoseok gestured with his head towards the woman and when I looked at her face, time froze in space... and suddenly, I remembered all my past memories at once, how I used to look at her from afar while waiting for Jin hyung in the campus. She always had a camera in her hands and seemed to be the loneliest person on earth, but when she was with hyung, her smile was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It's been five years since the last time I saw her, and there she was again standing a few steps away from me, looking the same but different at the same time; she seemed more mature and the way she dressed was different too, but her face looked younger if that is even possible.