3 Months with the Prince Chapter 23 The Proposal

Thank you Miriamax for the banner.

~~~~

Alexis's P.O.V:

I couldn't believe we spent the whole day at the lake. I didn't know the king and queen had it in them to do something like this. I was laying on a blanket with Philip. It was kind of nice just us. The other girls were too busy avoiding bugs and insects to even relax. It was kind of funny how one screams when they see a butterfly.

The only on my mind was that Philip hadn't told me what was going on. The kids had gone home and it was pretty quiet. There were lots of lightning bugs everywhere that we could use them as light instead of bulbs. I looked up at Philip, "what's going on Philip?" He sighed, "it's nothing." He sat up and and pulled me to my feet.

"Where are we going Philip?" I asked confused. He pulled me towards the pier. Now that i got closer to it, i realized that it was covered with rose pedals. I was even more confused now. Suddenly Philip kneeled down on one knee.

Was this it? The moment? Philip cleared his throat, "Alex you're my world and my everything. Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" I stood there with my mouth opened. I was pretty sure everyone was staring at us. The night was perfect lightning bugs and rose pedals.

I couldn't open my mouth so i just nodded my head. "Is that a yes?" he asked. I nodded fiercely, "yes." It came out as more of a squeak. My heart was beating twice the rate of an average beat. Philip smiled and put the ring on my finger. Then he picked me up and spinned me around.

When i looked around though, the girls were pissed. Nothing new there. What shocked me though was that the king and queen weren't happy. Their faces looked worried and filled with concern. What were they thinking about? Did they not know that Philip had proposed?

The king walked towards us. Philip put me down and looked at his father. "Father i know what you're thinking." the happy Philip was gone. Now there was only the sad and worried one. What were they hiding from me.

The king cleared his throat, "there's no other way son. You've had your fun now it's time to be a king. And that means you can't marry Alex. We've talked about this." I stared at Philip. What was he talking about can't marry me? "I don't care about being a stupid king. I'm marrying Alex even if it'll cause me my heir." Philip was yelling now.

So this was what they were talking about? I somehow feel like there's more to this. "I love Alex and there's nothing you can do to stop us from being together." The king sighed, "it's not up to me and you know it." What wasn't up to him?

Philip grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the car. We drove back to the palace in less than an hour. I was surprised that no police had pulled us over. I stared at the ring on my hand. Had this all been just a dream? Was this the end of my dream. I knew i was no cinderella but i've always thought Philip and i would get married. Now i'm thinking i'll never be able to walk down that aisle.

~~~~~

Sorry Guys I know it's short! I just wanna say HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!