[XIII]

The awkward tension between the Prince and Sous Chef wasn't very comforting to either

The awkward tension between the Prince and Sous Chef wasn't very comforting to either. Taehyung was too busy trying to keep his tiny body under the umbrella that was barely over him and Jungkook simply didn't know what to say.

He still didn't think Taehyung was being serious about wanting to be his friend, he thought it was just a prank like always.

"Jungkook?" The elders quiet but deep voice asked, breaking the silence. "Hm?"

"You don't need to walk me the rest of the way, people could see you." 

"But you'll be soaked."

Taehyung knew no one would see the prince because it was pitch black outside. In reality he just didn't want the younger to see where he lived, he didn't want to be made fun of since where he lived was nothing compared to the castle.

"Why do you care? A slap hurts, rain doesn't." The black haired sternly said, suddenly feeling confident enough to stand up for himself. He just really wanted the Prince to go before they got to his house but he couldn't tell him why obviously.

Feeling of regret rushed through himself once again and Jungkook was at a loss for words. So lost that he stayed silent while keeping the umbrella up in the air, other hand in his pocket. 

There was nothing else Taehyung could say to get the younger to walk away, so he prepared himself to get laughed at and made fun of.. telling himself not to cry and that it was stupid to cry.

The two finally neared the house without saying a word the whole way. The older still hoped Jungkook would change his mind and walk away but it was too late because the Prince's eyes were already latched onto the perimeter of the house.

One of the windows were broken and the size of the whole place was smaller than the Prince's own bathroom. The building was located in the outskirts of town since mostly all of the other houses were expensive meaning bigger and closer to the castle. 

"Uh well thank you for walking me home.. I'll see you tomorrow." Taehyung nervously said looking anywhere but the youngers eyes. 

The latter waited for the Prince to leave but strangely enough the said male didn't move an inch. 

"Can I go inside?"

The older hesitated for a moment, not expecting that response at all and definitely wanting to deny. But he was the Prince, he couldn't say no. "U-um okay.."

Jungkook rolled the umbrella down and approached the door. He opened it seconds later to reveal a single room with a twin sized bed in the corner and a small kitchen in the other, along with a door to most likely the bathroom.

"You can laugh, it's okay." Taehyung whispered, quietly stepping beside the younger who was still in awe of how little the latter owned. 

"I-It's not too bad.. t-the kitchen doesn't really work but the bed's comfy." 

The black haired began stuttering more and more because of how nerve racking the look on Jungkook's face was, this is exactly why he didn't want him to even see his house. He probably doesn't want to be friends anymore.. he thought to himself with a visible pout on his face.

"How much is your rent?" The Prince curiously asked. He also had many other questions but decided to stick to one for now. "9,000,000 won.." Taehyung told with embarrassment in his voice knowing that he didn't have the money to pay for it.

That much for this?  the younger thought to himself. He was still trying to process what he heard at church and now he had to process this as well. And he thought he had it bad.

Although there was a smile on Taehyung's face, Jungkook could clearly see right through his smile and into his eyes sadness and embarrassment. There was obviously something else the older wanted to say that he wouldn't.

The Prince apparently looked into the youngers eyes for a little too long because old emotions he used to get began to fill his head and heart again which he absolutely hated. He hated sad or feeling anything but numb, which is why he immediately drove his gaze away from Taehyung's eyes.

"Give me that." Jungkook pointed to the Nintendo switch that was in the latters hands, the said male slowly giving it to him in confusion.

The Prince turned on the device and began scrolling through the game store, most of the games being rather expensive. The male came across a game that he knew Taehyung would enjoy playing which was 77,736 won. 

"Here." Jungkook handed the device back to the younger. "See you tomorrow." 

Taehyung watched as the Prince left his house, raising an eyebrow at the strange gesture before staring down into his lap and looking down onto the screen. A basketball game seemed to have been downloaded onto the switch, he didn't know how it got there because the last time he looked at the device there was no basketball related game.

-

"Grateful yet?"

"Fuck Namjoon." The Prince almost yelled once he turned around to face the said male after closing Taehyung's door. He should've expected it because his butler always everywhere he was. "What are you doing here?"

"Jimin said he'd get Jin to cook me dinner tomorrow if I stalked you and Taehyung." Namjoon nonchalantly told, shrugging his shoulders as he poured a pack of some sort of candy into his mouth. 

"And what's that?"

"He also said he'd give me pop rocks." The butler explained with stuffed cheeks causing the younger to roll his eyes. Jungkook opened back up the umbrella and held it only over his head since Namjoon was already holding one.

Both walked in silence until the Prince opened his mouth up again. "Taehyung doesn't have enough money for rent."

"Since when do you care?"

"I don't."

Namjoon gave Jungkook the 'really?' look, staring at him until the said male noticed. The Prince said nothing in return and kept moving on. 

"You know you could've just stopped walking him and turned around." The elder pointed out receiving a grunt from the latter. "He would've been drenched."

"Since when do you care?"

"I don't."

The older of the two let out a laugh simply over how stupid the Prince was. "You're funny Jungkook."

is it just me or 4th of july this year did not feel like 4th of july, like I literally almost forgot yesterday was a holiday like????

anyways hope you enjoyed<3 ill be updating soon