[XLIV]

Jungkook paused his soft sniffles for a second after he heard the elders suggestion, his mind running blank while trying to process what he just heard

"R-run away?"

After Taehyung saw the unsureness on Jungkook's face, he felt uneasy and let his head hang low again.  "Yeah.. I just don't know what to d-do." He cracked out. The suggestion really just came out of his mouth without thinking, but he didn't know what else they could do, but the unsureness on the youngers face completely changed his mind.

"N-nevermind that was silly.." Taehyung told with a sad look. "Whatever you want to do I w-will.."

"I h-hate dragging you into this I'm just making your life t-ten times harder. You don't even w-want to be a King and I'm just b-being selfish as a-always.."

"No kook look at me." The black haired told as he lifted Jungkook's chin up so their eyes could meet.

"I want to be with you, even if it means being King."

"But t-then I won't see you for y-years.."

Taehyung had no clue how to respond to that fact, so he just stayed silent while holding the youngers hand. No, the said male did not want to become a King. All he's ever wanted was to just live a normal life and have a normal family and so did Jungkook. 

But if it meant being with the Prince, he would do it. Even if it took a decade.

Taehyung took his attention back up to Jungkook's once the said male shook his head.  "N-no.. I'm not leaving y-you. I'd kill m-myself." He sternly stated while his voice was still quivering.

"But Jungkook, there's nothing else we can d-"

"Let's run away."

The latter widened his eyes at the Prince's final statement. When he suggested that he was just speaking without thinking, there was so much to take in to account if they ran away.

Who would take over for them? How would they not get caught? Would they be considered cowards for running away?  There were many other details that came along with those questions, but now he just didn't know how it would work.

"T-taehyung." Jungkook rubbed circles over the said males hand. "I don't want to be King, you don't want to be King. There's nothing left for me here that I want besides you, if we w-went away we could live the n-normal lives like we've always w-wanted."

"I want to Jungkook, I really do." Taehyung sighed.

"I d-didn't think before saying that.. we'd be found eventually and there would be no one to rule the Kingdom." The last thing he wanted to do was leave the Prince, but it seemed to complicated for it to work.

"I can fix that.. just please tell me what you want to do because I can't leave y-you."

"What do you mean you can fix it?" Taehyung curiously questioned.