[XXIV]

Jungkook practically sprinted down the hallways of the castle, ignoring some of the maids complaints along the way

Jungkook practically sprinted down the hallways of the castle, ignoring some of the maids complaints along the way. The male turned a corner and heavily breathed out once he was standing in front of the guest room.

Without hesitation the Prince opened up the door to the room and immediately scanned the room for Taehyung who he couldn't spot. "Tae?" He called out before rushing into the bathroom to see if the elder was in their to which he was not.

"No, no, no." Jungkook repeated before rushing out of the room knowing the older was not in there. 

"Your Majesty?" One of the maids suddenly called out to the sprinting Prince who stopped in his tracks at the name. "Can't you see I'm in a rush?" Jungkook groaned before turning to face the lady who gulped. 

"Is everything okay Your Majesty?"

The said male pursed his lips into a line, looking to the side in frustration before looking back at the maid. "Have you seen Kim Taehyung?" Jungkook raised his eyebrow he noticed the worried look on the woman's face.

"Oh is he the young boy with black curly hair? I saw him go upstairs to the patio a few moments ago, I believe he was crying.. why is there som-" The maid couldn't finish what she was going to say before the Prince was gone in a flash, darting up the stairs to the patio in fear.

"Shit.." Jungkook whisper-yelled to himself once he accidentally hit his ankle against a corner, brushing off the pain quickly before sprinting over to the patio doors.

He didn't want to think about it but a crying Taehyung and a high up patio did not sound safe to him one bit which only scared him more for what he could see before the raven haired Prince opened up the doors to the patio. His rapid heart beat slowly calmed down, sighing out in relief once he saw the black haired male leaning against the railing while gazing off into the distance.

Jungkook dropped all of his worry as he slowly approached the older who hasn't noticed the Prince's presence yet. That changed once Jungkook copied Taehyung as he leaned himself against the railing, sadly looking at the elders side profile making it obvious to him that he was crying.

"Hey.." The younger softly said. He hoped the black haired male would reply even though he seemed to emotionless at the moment.

Jungkook turned his head back to face the view once he realized he wasn't going to get a response. It really pained his heart to see Taehyung like this.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner, I- I lost track of time.."

Taehyung still kept his gaze only looking at the distance where basically the whole Kingdom was visible, and Jungkook knew the older was only looking at the church which was completely burnt down by now.

"Not that it'll fix anything, but I lost my Grandparents a couple years ago." Jungkook almost inaudibly told, just loud enough so that Taehyung would hear. He smiled to himself as he recalled the memories with his Grandparents.