[XLVI]

"Do you even know where we're going to go?" Taehyung questioned the younger who had a satisfied, happy smile on his face

"Do you even know where we're going to go?" Taehyung questioned the younger who had a satisfied, happy smile on his face. Being away from that castle with his favorite person made him feel so free and content.

"I know some places." Jungkook told, the two now ending up in the field where they wanted to look for Pete. The Prince really only cared about Taehyung but he knew how much the said male liked that bird.

"Pete!" The older yelled into the night sky. "Me and Kook are leaving! Get your little birdy butt over here!"

Whenever the two were together the bird would always be with them or near them, but it's been different ever since the night of the ball. Taehyung frowned, doing a 360 turn around the grass field to see if he could spot him anywhere. 

Taehyung crossed his arms while staring upwards. "Stop being so stubborn, we're not leaving without you."

Nothing.

"If you don't get on my shoulder by the count of three, I'm not going to buy you a big fancy cage like I was planning on." 

Jungkook and the black haired both stood in silence, waiting for the bird to fly over from a direction. 

"One.."

Nothing.

"Two.."

Nothing.

"Three."

And yet again, nothing.

Taehyung pouted and uncrossed his arms while turning to the Prince. "Why isn't he coming?" He questioned with the same pout on his face. Jungkook was quite confused as well. 

Silence again as the older kept looking all over the place for the dove who was no where to be seen. Jungkook was looking as well, and unlike Taehyung he actually spot something that was lying in the grass. He wasn't sure of what it was, until he got a closer look making his eyes widen.

"T-tae-"

"Wait! Maybe he's playing hide and seek." The said older interrupted, walking over to a tree and sneakily looking up into the branches. "Gotcha!" He excitedly exclaimed thinking the dove was there, but he wasn't. 

"That's not fair it's so dark out." He pouted once again, walking back to the younger who was frozen still. The latter raised an eyebrow.

"Kook are you okay?"

Before Jungkook could even say a word, Taehyung's whole face lit up and his eyes brightened making the Prince confused. The said male began waving into the sky with a happy expression on his face.

"Pete! There you are!" Taehyung called out as he watched a white dove fly near the stars in the sky. He waited for the dove to fly over to them but it didn't, it only kept flying across the sky until it was no longer visible.