[XLIII]

Since it was quite late at night Jungkook had to keep his steps quiet as he walked down the hallway in search for Taehyung, the pile of documents stacked in his hand making him only more and more anxious

The Prince already checked the guest room, the gym, the game room, and practically everywhere in the Castle for him. Well besides the kitchen which he was heading to right now.

He tried to keep being in a good mood, but it was so hard after hearing what his father told him. He mentally could not be separated from another person he loved again. It would kill him.

A soft smile appeared on Jungkook's face once he noticed a small light on in the kitchen, meaning someone was in there and who else besides Taehyung would be in the kitchen so late. Adding on to the sad smile, the younger also quietly giggled when he saw the black haired struggling to take a cookie sheet out of the oven. 

"Kook!" Taehyung whisper-exclaimed once he saw the said male in the entry way after turning around, not noticing how sad he looked before turning back around to set the heated cookie sheet down.

"What are you making?" Jungkook sweetly asked as he made his way over to the latter, trying to hide the worry in his voice. 

"Late night cookies!" Taehyung excitedly whispered while pointing to the three cookies. "These two are for us, and this small one is for Pete." 

The Prince only nodded in response as he kept watching the older pace around the kitchen in order to prepare the dessert.

"Speaking of Pete, I haven't seen him lately. Have you?" 

Taehyung was expecting some sarcastic answer from Jungkook, but when he got no response he became confused. He turned around to face the said male who was only longingly looking at the older.

"Kook?" Taehyung worriedly questioned. 

The said male quickly blinked his eyes and placed a fake smile on his face to not worry the black haired. "Sorry, I was thinking about something.."

As he was not worried anymore, Taehyung replaced his frown with a smile as well and turned back to face the cookies. "Well stop thinking about that and start thinking about this." He said as he handed Jungkook's free hand a cookie. He didn't bother to ask about all of the papers he was holding since he thought it wasn't any of his business. 

The younger sadly smiled while staring at the treat, his mind still running in circles on how to fix this. He has grown so attached to Taehyung that he knew he wouldn't last without him. 

"Now we just have to find Pete and then we can all happily eat cookies together." 

"Hey, how about we go to the table in the garden? He might show up there."  Jungkook suggested, wanting to be able to sit down to talk about all of what he's learned.

"Okay!" The older exclaimed, obviously excited about everything. Again he didn't know what was going to happen which upset the Prince because he wanted Taehyung to keep the same amount of happiness forever.