Lifetime//Ben&Ben - Taufan

Was there a lifetime waiting for us in a world where I was yours?

Somewhere in an amusement park, two figures sat in a bench, happily eating the ice cream that they just bought to quench their thirst.

Taufan smiled at the (H/C) girl with love and affection swimming in his orbs as the girl happily licked her ice cream, oblivious of the stare the blue-eyed boy is giving her.

He was so in love with her.

And his heart wanted to express his feelings.

He wanted to shout it out to the world.

But he can't

He won't.

Paper planes and porcelain

He doesn't want to break their friendship just because of mere feelings.

He cherishes it too much.

He loved the way things were.

No worries.

Just them having fun.

Smell of rain through the window pane

Distracted by his thoughts, he didn't notice Y/N finally finished with her ice cream and calling for his name.

"Taufan!"

Receiving no response from the brunette, Y/N's lip curved into a sly smirk as she lightly pinched his nose which earned a painful yelp from Taufan to which she laughed at.

And the sight of you
Oh, you were a good dream

Taufan's cheeks immediately erupted into pink hues as he heard the melodious laugh of the girl he fell in love with.

The warm rays of the sun shone beneath her, making her figure aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.

She was a sight to behold.

An Angel from above.

I was scared to lose you then

She was a treasure.

A treasure that he wasn't willing to lose.

And if his feelings for her would be in the way of their beautiful friendship, then he would keep his feelings a secret.

After all, keeping it a secret wouldn't be that bad as long as their friendship would be like a dog's loyalty to his owner.

Unwavering and Strong.

But secrets turn into regrets

"So, uhm I have news to tell you..." Y/N told her best friend with excitement evident in her voice.

Taufan immediately brightened at her voice, anticipation quickly taking over him.

"Hmm? What is it?"

Y/N squealed in delight as she grasped Taufan's hand and told Taufan three heartbreaking words.

"I'm getting married!"

Taufan's blue eyes that once shone with brightness immediately dimmed but a smile remained in his lips, successfully hiding the sadness that slowly engulfed his body.

"That's great! Congratulations Y/N! I'm happy for you..I truly am" Taufan's smile reached his ears yet his eyes conveyed grief.

I'm happy for her.

I should.

But why do I feel like my heart is being ripped to sheds?

Buried feelings grow
Oh, you were a good dream

Months passed and it was finally the day.

As Y/N walked in the aisle full of rose petals, Taufan's breath hitched as he saw a Godess walking towards the altar.

She looked so beautiful in white.

So elegant and beautiful like a swan.

Yet she wasn't his.

Was there a lifetime waiting for us in a world where I was yours?

The event ended well but Taufan's heart were still in shambles.

He could only watched with envy as the groom poured his love to her.

He could only watch in vain as she reciprocated each and every ounce of his love.

They were so perfect for each other.

Was it the wrong time, what if we tried giving in a little more
To the warmth we had before?

Taufan snapped out of his thoughts when he saw Y/N walking towards him, looking as beautiful and graceful as ever.

His lips automatically pulled upwards, forming his signature bright smile. He slung a hand over her shoulders and chuckled heartily.

"Oi! You're finally married! I still remember the times where you would whine about not having any love interest. Look at you now...*sniff* my little girl has grown" Taufan faked a tear as he pinched Y/N's cheeks which made Y/N giggle at her friend's antics.

She slapped Taufan's hand away with a pout and crossed her arms jokingly.

"Hmmph! I'm not a little girl Tau! I'm a woman!"

Taufan laughed at her remark and patted her head.

"Congratulations Y/N! I'm really happy for you" Taufan beamed once again even though his heart clenched with grief and longing.

"Thanks! Thank you for coming by the way! I really appreciated it Taufan...I want to thank you for all the things that you've done for me Tau! You're an amazing friend..." Y/N, in return, also patted Taufan's head and hugged him.

"It's no biggie Y/N! Anything for you!" Taufan chuckled and hugged her back.

"You know...you could be an amazing husband Tau! You're caring and fun to be with.. Your children would be so lucky to have a dad like you" Y/N happily exclaimed as she gently broke the hug.

Taufan rolled his eyes at her remark and stick a tongue out.

"No way...I don't think I want to get married yet..."

'Because my heart already belongs to you...'

Y/N smiled sadly and nodded her head in understanding.

"I see...I'm really glad to have met you as my friend Tau! Did ya know? I once had a crush on you! Isn't it funny? Hehe"

Taufan froze when he heard the last statement of her words. But he immediately forced a smile, winking at the girl who stole his heart.

They had a chance.

To be together..

But I guess that chance is of no more anymore...

Because of his cowardice.

Oh how Ironic.

"What can I say? I'm too irresistible " Y/N lightly hit him, a chuckle escaping her lips. Taufan joined her and laughed along, once again ignoring the stinging pain in his heart.

Y/N's husband went towards his wife and clutched Y/N's waist while tenderly kissing her temple. Taufan could only watch in envy but he hid it well with his bright smile.

"I'll have to take my beloved wife away. Will that be okay?" Y/N's husband asked Taufan with a humble smile to which Taufan 'beamed' at.

"No worries! Congrats to you two!"

As the two newlyweds went away, Taufan turned his back, a few tears falling from his eyes.

Is there a lifetime waiting for us?
All this time, I have been yours