Chapter 2

I Stupidly Make Another Deal
The picture above is what Hyrumn looks like

I didn't know what I was expecting Hyrumn to do in order to get the guy I liked to like me back, but it definitely wasn't her going up to him while he was eating dinner with his friends and kissing him quickly on the lips while I watched from behind a corner. That shocked me, along with everyone around, but Hyrumn just brushed it off when I confronted her about making a move on my guy.

She told me that gradually he'd start to become more interested in me and that it was now time for her side of the deal.

She wanted me to come back with her were all the Aspirations stayed. Apparently, she had a few jobs that she needed my help with. What kind of jobs, she didn't say. She didn't say how long it would take either. All I knew was that I had to go back with her and I couldn't object.

I glanced down the hole in the splitting tree again, my stomach churning. It looked endless, was this even safe? I glanced up at Hyrumn who was also peering down.

"Is this... is this safe?"

"Oh yeah! This is my exit to the surface where I live. I go up and down this tunnel all the time." She said. I stared at her.

"But for humans. Is it safe for humans?" She sat back in the air and shrugged.

"I have no idea. Guess we'll find out though!" She said.

"Hey, we had a deal!"

"Yep, and my work is done. Don't look so angry, I never said you'd get to live it out, you just asked for him to fall in love with you." I looked at her in disbelief.

"That doesn't sound fair at all." I said. She floated again, twirling her hair.

"Guess you should choose who you make deals with more wisely, kid." She grinned. "But if you live through my deal you'll get to go back to your future boyfriend and live happily." I bit the inside of my cheek, knowing not to argue. I knew making deals with Aspirations were dangers, this is what I get. "Go ahead, I promise it's not as far as it seems."

I peered down again. There's no way.

"I-I can't." I clutched the bark so hard I thought I might get splinters. She frowned, standing in the grass, crossing her arms.

"I'm not asking, we had a deal." She said. "And if you do die, it'll be quick and painless, I promise."

"That doesn't help at all!" She started to walk behind me and put her hands back on my shoulders.

"How about this: I promise to protect you from any harm or danger that might happen while we are on this mission. And no matter what I will personally make sure that none of the other Aspirations have their way with you. I you need my help, just call my name. Sound like a deal?" I glanced over my shoulder at her.

"I'm not making another deal with you." I said. She squeezed my shoulders slightly.

"This one's on the house. Just for you cause you're special." I rolled my eyes, not trusting her. "If you don't take my offer I can't guarantee your safety." I sighed.

"Fine. Deal." I reluctantly agreed. She slipped off of me and was floating upside-down again, right over the hole. She stuck out her hand, again, but I didn't take it. I didn't feel like being burned again.

"The only way for this deal to work is if you take my hand, Henry. That's the only way to seal it."

"If I take your hand, you promise nothing will happen to me?"

"I promise to protect you to the best of my ability, yes." I hesitantly reached out with my left hand this time, flinching as she snatched mine. The pained flared again and her eyes seemed too brighten. "It's a deal."

And she didn't let go as she yanked me down into the hole with her. As darkness consumed us and the light above got smaller and smaller, the only light left was her blood-red eyes filled with amusement.

This was going to be a ride.

Ok so this was way shorter and I know it's going a little slow right now but action is coming I promise!!