8 | smoke and mirrors

CHAPTER 8,

SMOKE AND MIRRORS

"The day you die is the day I believe pigs can fly

"The day you die is the day I believe pigs can fly."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

INDIANA SEARCHES AROUND her brothers bedroom, looking for article of clothings for her and Malia to sniff and use to follow his scent along the road. The young girl is not thrilled at all about having to travel back to Mexico where she just knows she's going to have to fend themselves off from berserkers.

"Try these." Stiles says, throwing the girls two jackets.

"Fabric softener." Malia replies after sniffing it, Indi nodding in agreement at hers.

Stiles just groans in response, searching around the bed room even more before moving onto the bathroom. He digs through the laundry basket filled with Scott's dirty clothes, picking out with a blue checkered boxers.

"Scott's life is on the line." Stiles reminds as he notices their grimaces.

"I am not sniffing my brothers boxers, Stiles." Indiana refuses. "That's freaking weird."

"Got something." Malia speaks up, reappearing with a pillow in her hand.

"That works too." Stiles replies.

The three then make their way downstairs where they find Liam waiting around in the kitchen, sitting on the table before rising to his feet at the sight of them.

"Liam, go home. You're not coming with us." Stiles informs.

"Why not?" Liam questions.

"It's a full moon. And I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out." Stiles replies.

"You can lock me up, right? Chain me down to the back seat or something?" Liam suggests.

"You tore through the last chains." Malia reminds.

"Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there." Stiles comments.

"Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" Liam asks, clearly not catching onto the sarcasm.

"I don't know about you two but I don't want to return here just to find out that Liam was on the loose the whole night and possibly may have hurt people." Indiana tells them.

"Exactly. If you leave, who's here to keep me from changing?" Liam questions, pausing. "You can put me in the trunk."

"You'd get out of that too." Malia replies.