18 | the last chimera

CHAPTER 18,

THE LAST CHIMERA

"You ramble too much when you're nervous or scared

"You ramble too much when you're nervous or scared. It's cute."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

EYES ARE RED raw from the amount of crying Indiana's done, tears staining her cheeks. She sits on top of her bed with her brown hair pulled into a messy bun. Not only did she almost lose her brother, but she lost Hayden completely and wasn't there by her side when she died. Indi has grown to be the girls friend and failed at one task she gave herself; protect her from the Dread Doctors. Sheriff Stilinski, her father figure, was slowly dying. She failed them all last night.

Liam walks into her bedroom, concern crossing over his face as he notices how it looks like she hasn't gotten much sleep and has been crying. He takes a seat in front of her on the bed, reaching out and gently taking her hand in his.

"I'm okay, I promise." Indiana reassures, shifting her gaze over to the boy where her eyes instantly meet his. "I was just up all night worrying about Scott and overthinking everything."

"It's not your fault." Liam states.

"I know. I- It's just.. If I was there a second sooner then maybe he wouldn't have gotten hurt by Theo at all." Indiana suggests.

"You know, I'm sorry by the way." Liam apologises, sucking in a nervous breath. "I didn't mean to try kill him. It was the supermoon and all of the emotions of stop of that. I'm sorry, Indi. If you don't want to forgive me that's—"

Liam is cut off by lips suddenly being pushed onto his. His breathing hitches at the unexpected actions but he soon relaxes, his hand raising to Indi's cheek and cupping it gently as their lips move in sync. The two teenagers soon pull away, Indiana biting her bottom lip slightly to stop herself from smiling so wide as she stares into his blue eyes.

"You ramble too much when you're nervous or scared. It's cute." Indiana tells him. "But it's not me you should me apologising to."

Liam sighs. "I know, but I don't think he wants to talk to me anytime soon."

"We'll see." Indiana replies. "I don't think it's your fault anyway. Like you said, it was the supermoon and all the stress."

"You're too forgiving sometimes." Liam comments.

"Sometimes that's a good thing." Indiana replies.

"You know, I've been waiting awhile for that to happen. Us kissing, I mean. Not what happened to Scott." Liam says, mentally cursing himself for rambling again.

"You have?" Indiana questions, tilting her head to the side slightly as she continues to stare into his eyes.

"Yeah, I have." Liam repeats.