9 | creatures of the night

CHAPTER 9,

CREATURES OF THE NIGHT

"I won't lie, she's probably looking at us and thinking we're actual idiots right now

"I won't lie, she's probably looking at us and thinking we're actual idiots right now."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

INDIANA SITS ON the hood of the jeep beside her older brother, Stiles standing up and leaning against it. The full moon is shining brightly in the sky, Indi paying no attention to it as she glances down to the map Stiles placed in her lap due to the siblings taking up room on the jeep.

"Alright, I found some cool two bedrooms in the Mission District, but they're pretty expensive. A couple in Haight and Ashbury, also expensive." Stiles says.

"What about Berkeley? Don't a lot of students live around there?" Scott questions.

"Yeah, we could try Nob Hill." Stiles replies, earning a childish laugh from Indi at the name. "But the jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches."

"You're bringing the jeep?" Scott asks.

"You know the plan, okay? No one gets left behind, that's the plan. Lydia's not going to have a problem getting into Stanford. Kira's thinking USF. Malia's, uh, going to figure something out. Indi is staying here because she's only a sophomore." Stiles states. "The plan is perfect."

"Or you two could wait until you actually get into college and then figure out where to live." Indiana suggests.

"As much as I know Indi is just trying to keep us here, I actually agree with her idea." Scott says.

"I have a vision, guys. It's a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision." Stiles demands, looking back down at the map. "We can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know."

The brunet receives no response and causes him to glance up, the young girl following his gaze to see Scott staring up at the full moon.

"Are you starting to feel it?" Stiles asks.

"No. Just thinking." Scott replies.

"About what?" Indiana questions, intrigued.

"Senior year." Scott replies, pulling his eyes away from the sky and at the two.

"Senior year? Come on, th- that's nothing. That's going to be easy." Stiles rambles, almost trying to convince himself too.

"It's more like something Deaton told me once. You ever hear of the regression to the mean?" Scott asks.

"No, I don't think so." Stiles replies, casting a glance over at Indiana to see if she knows.

"Stiles, if you, one of the smartest person I know, doesn't know it then I don't either." Indiana informs.