24 | a credible threat

CHAPTER 24,

A CREDIBLE THREAT

"Indi, stop laughing or I'll feed you to the Beast

"Indi, stop laughing or I'll feed you to the Beast."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

INDIANA FINDS HERSELF standing outside of the school with her two older brothers, Liam, and Argent. The adult had texted Scott informing him that Parrish had left the house and made his way to this location, the deputy having asked the hunter to watch where he was going since he has no memory of it.

"Where's Parrish?" Scott asks the adult.

"I lost him." Argent replies. "He's moving too fast, I can't keep up."

"That guy's not moving at all." Liam comments, his gaze elsewhere.

Indiana turns to look in the direction the blond is looking in, her eyes falling onto a body laying flat on the ground. Cautiously, the five begin to make their way over to the body to check if the person is dead. They receive their answer once they spot the guys chest slashed open with claws, the stomach wide open with the guts speakers out on the floor. Blood is everywhere around the dead body, sleeping into the rain water.

The young girl's stomach churns at the sight of the body, still not used to ever seeing dead bodies and probably never will be. It's disgusting to look at and she just ends up feeling guilty for the victim and the victims family.

The group continue walking forwards to see another dead body near the parked buses. This one doesn't seem to be as gruesome as the previous one, but it's still not a pleasant sight.

"Look." Liam whispers.

Looking up, Indiana spits a pair of glowing eyes from inside one of the school buses. Inside of that same bus holds several other dead bodies that have been mauled at, blood splattered everywhere just like the guts that once sat in their stomachs. However, one of them moves; a teenage boy with an injury on his temple.

"Help me." The boy pleas, his voice weak due to his injuries.

"It's a trap." The hellhound warns, suddenly appearing and walking into view.

"Please." The boy continues, barely able to keep his head up.

"You can't help him." Parrish informs, noticing the true alpha going to step forwards.

All of a sudden, the Beast grabs ahold of the one guy remaining alive and rips his body clean in half with a snarl. He throws the top half of body onto the ground, the guts spilling out everywhere just like the blood leaving his body. Indi's stomach only churns even more at the sight, feeling like she's going to haul up the food she's eaten any minute now.