Chapter 5

"Hi Sooji, how are you feeling today?" Hana asked the small girl lying in her bed, giving Hana a big smile as she entered her room. Sooji's smile faded as she saw Doyoung enter after Hana. Sooji's parents were inside and immediately greeted the two doctors.

"Who's that?" Sooji asked, clutching tightly to her stuffed bunny as the pointed to Doyoung.

"This is Dr. Kim. He's a special heart doctor." Hana said, introducing Doyoung.

"Another Dr. Kim?" Sooji asked. Hana nodded.

"Yes, this doctor has the same name as the other one." Hana told her. Sooji didn't seem very satisfied with her answer.

"Sooji, you like bunnies, right?" Doyoung asked. Sooji nodded her head as Doyoung took out his phone, searching for something as his fingers types furiously. Once he was done, he turned it around, bending down to show Sooji. He was playing a video of a bunny eating.

"Don't I look like a bunny?" Doyoung asked, beginning to pretend to imitate the animal. A giggle soon escaped Sooji's lips.

"Dr. Bunny!" Sooji said, pointing at Doyoung. Hana watched as Doyoung gave the girl a smile back.

"That's right, call me Dr. Bunny." Doyoung poked Sooji's cheeks, playing with the girl before glancing at Hana. She turned towards Sooji's parents.

"Dr. Kim is our new Head of Cardiothoracic Surgery. I asked him to take a look a Sooji's scans." Hana gulped before continuing. "After discussing, we think the best route from here is surgery."

Hana watched Sooji's parents faces fall. Sooji must have noticed too as her smile faded, catching Doyoung's attention as well. He gave the girl a small pat on the head before standing straight again.

"I know that surgery may sound like the best option, but I think it would be the most ideal. After Sooji heals, she'll be able to live a normal life." Doyoung informed them.

"Dr. Bunny," Sooji tugged on the hem of Doyoung's sleeve, making him look down at her. "Will I be able to run like the other kids?"

Doyoung gave the girl a smile. "Yes, if you behave well afterwards."

"What are the chances of survival?" Sooji's mother asked.

"Without the surgery, Sooji's condition will only worsen." Hana said. She watched as Sooji's parents exchanged glances.

"The surgery can be difficult for many surgeons." Doyoung said, making Sooji's parents give them worried looks. "But luckily for you." Doyoung poked Sooji's nose, making her giggle. "I have performed this surgery many times on adults and kids and have succeeded every time."

A sigh of relief came from Sooji's parents. "Thank you so much, doctor." Sooji's father said, shaking Doyoung's hands.

"No need to thank me, I'm just doing my job." Doyoung said, smiling back. He gave Hana a nod.

"We'll be scheduling Sooji's surgery for tomorrow then. I'll be inside the operating room with Dr. Bunny and the other Dr. Kim." Hana told the family. The parents nodded in approval.

"Well, Dr. Bunny and I need to go now." Hana said, turning to the girl showing Doyoung her stuffed animal.

"Already?" Sooji asked with sad eyes. Hana nodded. She notice Doyoung glance at Hana and Sooji's parents before turning back to the girl.

"Sooji, do you want Dr. Bunny to come see you before I go home for work?" Doyoung asked. Sooji's eyes immediately brightened again.

"Really?" Sooji asked. Doyoung nodded and Sooji's parents gave him a thankful look.