Chapter 17

"So my dinner got cancelled." Doyoung overheard Taeil said to Jaehyun, sounding disappointed as he leaned on nurses' station that morning.

"That's weird." Jaehyun said as he listened to his friend.

"I know. There's no emergency or anything so I don't really know why." Taeil said.

Well I do, Doyoung thought as he heard footsteps approaching them. Hana had already left work when he had received the message from the Chairman so Doyoung had to wait until this morning to ask her.

The three doctors looked up to see Hana walking towards them, hands in the pockets of her doctor's coat.

"Hey Hana, why was our dinner cancelled?" Taeil asked the girl as she took her clipboard from the nurse.

"Um..." Hana said biting her lip.

"Can you talk about this later, I need to talk to Dr. Kang." Doyoung said, pulling Hana away to an empty room. He could tell Jaehyun and Taeil were giving him weird stares but he didn't care.

"Look, I can explain." Hana said once the door closed. Doyoung raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, please do because it's not everyday that I get invited to dinner with the hospital's Chairman and his daughter who is apparently my girlfriend." Doyoung said, stressing the last word. Hana put up her hands defe

"I panicked, alright." Hana confessed. "I needed to get out of a dinner with Taeil."

"So you told your parents that you had a boyfriend? And that boyfriend is me?" Hana nodded. Doyoung sighed.

"I can cancel it if you want and make up something." Hana said but Doyoung shook his head.

"No, it's fine, I'm not worried about the boyfriend part. I'm more worried about the dinner with the Chairman part." Doyoung admitted.

"Dinner with my father? Please he basically loves you as much as Taeil. You know, he's watched so many of your surgeries! And comments on them too! Oh Hana, did you see Doyoung's stiches? Flawless! Oh Hana, I've never seen a cardio surgeon move with such beauty! And he's efficient too!" Doyoung couldn't help but chuckle at Hana's imitation of her father.

"Alright, alright. I'll pick you up then?" Doyoung said. Hana gave him a confused look.

"I mean, I'm supposed to be your boyfriend. Wouldn't it be weird if we went separately." Doyoung pointed out.

"I suppose you're right." Hana said.

"Great, send me your address and I'll pick you up at 7." Doyoung said as he opened up the door, the two of them heading outside. They were surprised to see two boys standing by the nurses' station.

"Taeyong?" "Jeno?" Doyoung and Hana exclaimed at the same time.

...

"It's nice to see you again, Dr. Kang." Jeno said. Hana was seated in a small meeting room with Doyoung, Taeyong, and Jeno, a young brown-haired male known for his eye smile.

"You know him?" Doyoung asked, clearly unfamiliar with the boy. Hana nodded.

"I had a tumor so I basically spend most of my childhood here. Dr. Kang was assigned to me as an intern and now she's a department head." Jeno said with a wide smile. It soon faded when he glanced at Taeyong.

"Unfortunately we're not here because of Jeno. We're here because of someone else." Taeyong informed them.

"Someone else?" Doyoung asked. Jeno nodded as a concerned look spread on Hana's face.