Chapter 24

Renjun flipped the paper and wiped away the tear on his face the second they opened the door. He stared down into his lap.

"Why are you here?" Renjun asked the two. Jeno made his way towards him.

"I wanted to see you." Jeno said softly. Hana could tell he was being careful.

"Visiting hours are over." Renjun replied, his eyes still glued to his lap.

"When has rules ever stopped us?" Jeno asked back. Renjun slowly looked up at Jeno and Hana noticed that his eyes were full of tears.

Without even hesitating, Jeno quickly ran to his best friend, giving him a big hug. To Hana's surprise, Renjun hugged him back.

"I-I missed you. Both of you." Renjun cried. Jeno nodded, patting his head.

"I missed you too. I'm sorry I wish I could get you out with me." Jeno told him.

Hana felt the need to let the boys have their own moment so she slowly backed out of the hospital room, hitting her back against someone in the chest.

"Careful there." Hana turned around to see Doyoung there.

"I thought you had a surgery." Hana said. Doyoung nodded his head.

"I did, but you know, I'm pretty fast." Doyoung said with a smile.

"How did you even find me?" Hana asked him. Doyoung waved his phone.

"Heard about your scene with Jeno and Jaehyun suggested that I come up here. Sicheng got the rest from there." Doyoung said. He peeked over her shoulder to look at Jeno and Renjun. Jeno was sitting on Renjun's bed, watching Renjun as he continued drawing the three of them.

"Is that..." Hana nodded her head. "He seems stable."

"I know but the last time I was here, he was trying to kill me." Hana responded. Doyoung let out a small chuckle before turning to face her.

"It's a good thing he didn't." Doyoung said, staring into her eyes. He reached out, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, his hand lingering at the base of her chin. Hana lowered her eyes to his lips, leaning forward.

"Achem." Doyoung quickly removed his hand, placing it in his pocket as the two of them turned towards the sound.

"I can watch Renjun, I'm sure you two have better things to do than to make sure a psychiatric patient doesn't murder his best friend." Sicheng told them. They nodded their heads, making their way to the elevators.

"I don't think he likes me." Doyoung said once they were alone in the elevator. Hana chuckled.

"Sicheng's just like that, he hates everyone." Hana told him.

"So he's like you." Doyoung said, a wide grin on his face.

"No, I don't hate everyone." Hana said, shifting her weight between her toes and her heels.

"Oh really now?" Doyoung said, raising an eyebrow. Hana nodded her head, keeping her eyes facing the the elevator doors.

"I don't hate you." Hana said, a sheepish grin on her face.

...

Doyoung sat at his dining table, looking over Jaemin's documents.

"If you can't get it, don't stress." Taeyong said from the kitchen. Doyoung shook his head.

"I want to try my best." Doyoung said, leaning back in the chair. "I saw Renjun today."

"You did?" Taeyong said, poking his head out. Doyoung nodded his head.