Chapter 15

"Make yourself at home, I'm going to shower first." Doyoung told Hana as they entered his home.

"Alright." Hana said, settling down on Doyoung's couch. She looked around the house. Not much had changed since she had last came, except for maybe the additional papers scattered around. Judging by the crest in the corner, they must have been Taeyong's.

Eventually, Doyoung came out of his room with his glasses, a black polo shirt and jeans. He wore a silver chain around his neck and his black hair was still damp from the shower.

Hana bit her lip to prevent her jaw from dropping as Doyoung ran his fingers through his hair, making his way to the kitchen. His eyes met hers on the way, his lips growing into a thin smile.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Why are you dressed so nicely?" Hana asked him and Doyoung let out a chuckle.

"Says the one wearing a dress." Doyoung replied. Hana looked down at her blue dress.

"Point taken." Hana said, following Doyoung to the kitchen and settling on a stool beside the counter. "What are you making?"

"Something simple." Doyoung said, pulling out ingredients from the fridge. Hana watched as Doyoung began preparing their meal.

"I heard you're scrubbing in with Jaehyun tomorrow on a difficult brain tumor

"I heard you're scrubbing in with Jaehyun tomorrow on a difficult brain tumor." Doyoung said as he began chopping the vegetables. Hana nodded.

"Yup, it's a sweet little girl." Hana told him.

"Isn't it high risk though? Jaehyun seemed pretty worried." Doyoung said as he prepared a soup. Hana's face fell.

"It is high risk but I can understand why the parents would want to take it. It hurts seeing your child in so much pain." Hana said bluntly. Doyoung stopped cooking and looked up at her.

"I didn't mean to offend you, Hana. I just don't want you to be upset if anything happens." Doyoung told her. Hana gave him a pout.

"I wouldn't worry too much, I've never had a patient die on the table before." Hana confessed. Hana watched as Doyoung froze in his place.

"You haven't?" Hana shook her head.

"Never. I'm pretty well known for my track record." Hana said with a chuckle. Doyoung nodded, placing the ingredients in the pot.

"I have." Doyoung said, barely audible. He put the lid on and turned to get eggs out of the fridge.

"You have?" Hana asked.

"I have. It's pretty normal though, especially with being a cardiothoracic surgeon. There are a lot of high risk surgeries. Have a patient on bypass too long and they might not wake up. Forget to patch something up and they bleed to death." Doyoung said, a hint of sadness in his voice.