Chapter 8

Doyoung lived in a two-bedroom, single story house

Doyoung lived in a two-bedroom, single story house. The house was cozy and well organized, to Hana's surprise. Hana had followed Doyoungs car from the hospital to his place.

"So you live here with your roommate?" Hana asked as she followed Doyoung in.

"Yep, he's a childhood friend of mine. He works as a prosecutor." Doyoung told her as he placed his keys in the tray. "Feel free to put your bag on the couch and take a seat on one of the stools in the kitchen." Doyoung said before disappearing through one of the doors.

Hana placed her purse down before taking a seat at the counter in the kitchen, observing the simplicity of the house. Doyoung soon came out without his bag, picking up an apron from the hook.

"My roommate and I take turns cooking dinner for each other. Tonight is my night but he said he won't be home in time, that's why I invited you over." Doyoung explained as he opened the fridge, taking out two marinated pieces of meat. "You're not vegetarian right?"

Hana chuckled before shaking her head. "No I'm not."

Doyoung let out a sigh of relief as he smiled, beginning to prepare their meal. "So, I presume you don't live with the Chairman anymore."

"No, I don't. I think seeing him at work is enough." Hana said, making Doyoung laugh.

"I can understand that. That's why I moved to Neo City." Doyoung told her.

"To get away from your parents?" Hana asked, resting her head in her hands as she watched Doyoung cook.

"Don't get me wrong, I love them but I wanted to become more independent." Doyoung explained as he began cutting up the vegetables.

"And Neo General Hospital had an opening for a cardio surgeon?" Hana said.

"Precisely."

They were quiet for a bit, the hum of Doyoung preparing their meal ringing through the kitchen. Finally, Hana broke the silence.

"So why did you become a surgeon?" Hana asked Doyoung. He placed the tray in the oven before answering her question.

"Isn't that an obvious one? I wanted to save lives." Doyoung answered. Hana shook her head.

"Not really, some people are in it for the money." Hana told him. Doyoung raised an eyebrow.

I wouldn't want those people opening my body up on a table." Doyoung replied. "How about you? Why did you choose paediatrics?"

"I don't know, when I was doing my residency, I was always so much happier working with children. The adults just caused me so much stress, always thinking that they knew better than me." Hana responded.

"I think paediatrics suits you. The kids at the hospital clearly like you a lot." Doyoung said.

"Thanks. The same goes for you and cardio." The house became quiet again as Doyoung washed the dishes, waiting for the food to cook while Hana watched him. Suddenly, Hana's cell phone rang. She looked at the caller ID. It was Taeil.