Chapter 14

"So what's going to happen?" Doyoung asked as Taeyong exited the patient's room.

"He's guilty, Doyoung. Flat out. I can't help him if I wanted to." Taeyong answered with a sigh.

"So that's it for him then?" Doyoung asked. Taeyong nodded.

"He made a mistake as soon as he walked into the school and pulled the trigger. Nothing he does now matters anymore." Taeyong told him. Doyoung nodded his head, understanding his friend.

"So what are you going to do now?" Doyoung asked him.

"I'm heading back to the precinct to work on a new case. This one is closed." Taeyong replied.

"Will you be staying late?" Taeyong raised an eyebrow.

"Probably, I'm pretty behind after yesterday and today." Taeyong confessed. "Why, did you want to invite Hana over again?"

"Possibly." Doyoung said, a small smile on his face. Taeyong chuckled.

"Go for it then." Taeyong said before walking away. Doyoung heard humming and turned around to see Jaehyun walking with his phone in his hands.

"You seem happy." Doyoung said, putting his hands in the pockets of his doctors coat. Jaehyun looked up.

"Quite the opposite. I'm cancelling a date because your girl wants me to operate on a brain tumor in a tricky spot. I'm going to have to practice all day." Jaehyun told him.

"She's not my girl." Doyoung said but Jaehyun rolled his eyes.

"Please, Taeil has been hitting on her ever since she was a resident and you waltz in and she's already all over you." Jaehyun said. "Even if you don't like her, she definitely likes you."

"How would you know, you're not Hana." Doyoung said but Jaehyun's eyes just sparkled.

"So you're admitting that you like her."

"No. I'm just saying." Jaehyun shrugged.

"Hana and I have been working together for a long time, we were interns together. I definitely know her best out of everyone in this hospital and I've never seen her act the way she does with you with anyone else." Jaehyun told him.

"What do you mean by that?" Doyoung asked.

"Well first of all, she smiles with you. The Hana I know only smiles for children. Second of all, she came to the hospital last night for you. Everyone knows Hana loves the comfort of her own bed so she definitely came for you. Third, I don't know, she's just been brighter ever since you came." Jaehyun said.

"That's a lot." Doyoung pointed out.

"I don't know, that's just what I think." Jaehyun responded before checking the time. "I have to go but I'll talk to you later. Good luck with dinner tonight."

"Thanks." Doyoung said as Jaehyun walked away. "Wait, dinner?"

Jaehyun simply let out a small chuckle before disappearing down the halls.

Doyoung looked down at the clipboard but he couldn't focus anymore. He could only think about all that Jaehyun had said.

...

"Hi Eunae, this is Dr. Jeong." Hana said as she walked into the hospital room where Jungwoo was, Jaehyun behind her. Eunae looked up from the game she was playing with Jungwoo.

"Hi Dr. Jeong." Eunae said as her mother woke up from her nap in the corner of the room.

"Dr. Jeong is a neurosurgeon and I'll be assisting him with Eunae's surgery." Hana told them.