Chapter 29

Doyoung followed Hana as she ran to the emergency room, where Johnny was already pushing in the body of Sooji's father who was covered in blood. Taeil, Yuta, and Haechan were with him.

"I'm pretty sure all his organs are crushed, we need to get him into surgery, fast." Taeil instructed the other two.

"What happened?" Hana asked the paramedic.

"Their car crashed with a truck, sending them flying off the rails of the cliff. The car ended up head first into a tree on the driver side. It took us a while to retrieve the bodies. Husband is in the worse condition, internally bleeding everywhere. Wife suffered a head injury." Johnny told them.

"Kid, what about the kid?" Hana asked. Johnny gave her a confused look.

"Kid? There was no kid."

...

"Dr. Kang, Dr. Bunny!" Sooji cried out with a wide smile. Hana and Doyoung immediately stood up from the waiting area as Sooji ran into Doyoung's arms. He picked the small girl up. The lady that brought Sooji in gave them a weak smile.

"Hello, I'm Sooji's daycare teacher. Sooji stays late with us since both her parents work till the evenings." The daycare teacher explained before whispering to Hana. "I heard what happened."

"Sooji, you've grown so much." Doyoung said as he held the girl in his arms. He glanced over at the two ladies and decided to walk away, bringing the girl with him.

"Thanks for bringing Sooji in." Hana said to the daycare teacher.

"It was no problem, Sooji is a very kind girl. Um.." The daycare teacher bit her lip.

"Is something wrong?" Hana asked.

"Well, Sooji doesn't really have any family aside from her parents, so I don't know were she'll stay tonight." The teacher admitted. "I would bring her home but my husband doesn't really like children."

Hana gave her a small smile. "Don't worry, Sooji can stay at the hospital. There's plenty of beds and staff to take care of her." Hana told her. The daycare teacher nodded her head.

"Thank you so much doctor. I'll be heading out now."

Hana waved to the teacher as she left before making her way to where Sooji was playing with Doyoung's hair, making a complete mess out of it.

"Sooji, what are you doing with Dr. Bunny's hair?" Hana asked. Sooji smiled at her.

"Making a bird's nest." Sooji responded as she giggled. Doyoung squeezed the little girl, tickling her.

"Dr. Kang, you don't think I look good?" Doyoung asked with a mischievous grin. Hana shook her head.

"I like your normal hair better." Hana said, sitting beside Doyoung and fixing his hair.

The doors to the operating rooms and Haechan came running out, covered in blood. Doyoung held Sooji's head so she was facing him, covering her ears.

"Haechan, what's going on?" Hana asked the intern.

"He's loosing a lot of blood, it doesn't look good." Haechan said before running off to get blood bags. Seconds later, Mark came running out. Hana asked the same question.

"Internal bleeding in the brain, Dr. Jeong working really hard, but he's worried." Mark said just as Haechan returned. Mark grabbed half the blood bags from his arms before they both returned to the OR.

Sooji poked Hana's arm as Doyoung her tightly. "Are my parents going to be okay?" Sooji asked the two. Hana exchanged looks with Doyoung.

"The doctors are working really hard, Sooji. They're doing everything they can." Hana said. Sooji nodded her head before resting it on Doyoung's chest.