Chapter 19

Dinner ended up going pretty smoothly, at least that's what Doyoung thought. Hana's parents seemed decently convinced that they were indeed dating with his fictional tale, which turned out to not be as fake as he had expected.

"So why did you decide to date my daughter?" Chairman Kang asked.

"Appa, what is that supposed to mean?" Hana said, narrowing her eyes at her father. Chairman Kang let out a chuckle.

"Hana isn't the most... approachable." Chairman Kang said.

"Don't ask him these questions." Hana said but Doyoung just patted her leg.

"No, it's okay." Doyoung said, comforting her. He turned towards her parents.

"I have to admit, when I first met Hana, she seemed very cold-hearted. But once that little girl came running down the halls, calling her name, Hana transformed completely. After working with her, I learned that Hana is actually a very admirable young woman, passionate about her work and caring for her patients. I think that's what made me fall for her." Doyoung glanced at Hana who was looking down into her lap, her cheeks flushed pink. Doyoung couldn't help but smile at himself.

"I honestly thought Hana would never find a partner but I'm glad she's found you. You seem to be a good match for my daughter." Chairman Kang said to Doyoung.

"Thank you, Sir." Doyoung replied, bowing his head. Hana suddenly stood up.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom. Eomma, would you care to join me?" Hana asked. Her mother nodded and the two ladies left the room, leaving Doyoung alone with the Chairman.

The Chairman let out a big sigh.

"Hana might not show it very well but I can tell she's very fond of you. She's definitely become a much brighter woman after meeting you, which gives me a lot of comfort as a father." Chairman Kang told him.

"It's really nothing, Sir. I just think we match well. Hana definitely brings out the best in me as well." Doyoung said with a smile. The Chairman nodded his head.

"Well if there's anything you ever need from me, let me know." The Chairman told him.

This is my chance!

"Actually, I was trying to look into patient records to study some of the different techniques performed here before I came." Doyoung said, crossing his fingers under the table. The Chairman gave him a wide grin.

"Ah, why didn't you say so earlier? Come to my office tomorrow morning and you can take as many records as you need." The Chairman said.

"You really are the best, Sir." Doyoung said giving the Chairman two thumbs up. He let out a heartfelt laugh.

"You're Hana's boyfriend, basically family at this point." The Chairman told him just as Hana and her mother came back.

"Well, I think it's time we head out now." Hana said, picking up her purse. Her father nodded, getting up and fixing his suit jacket.

"It was a pleasure having dinner with you, we should do it again soon." The Chairman said as Hana took Doyoung's arm. She gave him a small look of concern.

Doyoung only smiled back at the Chairman. "Just shoot me a message and I'll be there."

...

The car ride back to Hana's place was quiet, the only noise being from the hum of the radio. Hana must have been exhausted as she fell asleep as soon as Doyoung began driving. She woke up to him shaking her arm.

"We're here." Doyoung said with a soft smile. Hana nodded, gathering her things.

"Thank you so much for coming tonight, you were very convincing." Hana said as Doyoung took the purse from her hands.