Chapter 13

"Doyoung, Taeyong is- oh my gosh!" Hana's eyes immediately opened as the door slammed closed and saw Doyoung's face right beside hers, his eyes staring back at her.

"Sleep well?" Doyoung asked. She immediately moved back.

"Uh, yeah." Hana said, running her fingers through her hair, fixing it. Doyoung chuckled at her flustered state before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Well, I'll go deal with Mark. It's still early so you probably have some time to go home and wash up before coming back." Doyoung told her before getting out of the bed. Hana watched as Doyoung patted his hair, fixing it before exiting the on-call room, the door closing behind him.

Did I really just sleep with him?

...

"Mark, stop acting like that." Doyoung said to the resident avoiding eye contact with him.

"Like what?" Mark asked, staring at his feet. Doyoung rolled his eyes, waving his hand in front of his eyes, making his head snap up.

"That."

"Sorry, I just wasn't expecting to see you sleeping with-" Mark stopped talking as soon as they arrived at the nurses' station where Jaehyun was.

"Sleeping with who?" Jaehyun asked just as Hana ran past them, Doyoung's black hood over her head, scurrying with her bag. Jaehyun give Doyoung a smirk.

"Nice."

"Shut up." Doyoung said before turning to Mark. "You said something about Taeyong?"

"Right, Taeyong called and said he's on his way here."

...

To say Hana was embarrassed was a complete understatement. She knew all the nurses and staff were staring at her when she returned to the hospital, a clear sign that word has spread. And for the cherry on top, Taeil was at the nurses' station.

Hana knew he was looking her over as he glanced over at her. Hana had decided to put a decent amount of effort in her looks today, hoping it would boost her confidence after the events of earlier that morning.

Hana wore a pale blue dress with white heels and tied her curled hair into a low ponytail. Her doctor's coat completed the look. "Going out tonight?" Taeil asked.

"What, can I not look decent?" Hana asked.

"If that's a no then do you want to-"

Thankfully, Hana pager buzzed. She picked it up. "Call from the ER, sorry Chief." Hana said, quickly leaving Taeil alone before he could finish his question.

When Hana arrived in the emergency room, she saw Yuta waiting for her.

"There's a small girl sitting over there with her mother. She's pretty quiet and scared of our staff and I saw that you didn't have anything scheduled for the next bit so I was wondering if you could take a look." Yuta said, passing the clipboard to her.

"Sure." Hana said, taking the clipboard before walking towards the girl. The girl was small and holding a large plastic bowl in her hands. Hana realized why when the girl suddenly puked inside it.

Hana watched as an intern took the bowl and replaced it, passing the mother some wipes for her daughter's face. Hana took a look at the name.

"Choi Eunae?" Hana asked, making the mother turn and the girl look up. Hana gave her a big smile.

"Hi, my name is Dr. Kang. It says here that you've been throwing up and don't know why. Your head has also been hurting and you also aren't really hungry." Hana said. The girl clutched onto her mother's hand, hiding behind her.