3. Promise

Dario De Luca

I buttoned my tuxedo and wore my Rolex on my right hand. Yes, I know usually people wear watches on their left hand but I do it the opposite way. I set my hair with a pea-sized amount of gel and then I was ready. I stood in front of the mirror and glanced at myself. I was looking good. As always.

"You cleaned up good, brother-in-law." Nina said brushing off some imaginary dust from my shoulder and chuckled. I nodded my head towards her and she smiled at me.

"I thought I wouldn't live to see this day. My Dario is all grown up." Matteo said with playful eyes. I glared at him through the mirror.

Soon it was time for the ceremony to begin. I was standing at the altar with the bishop next to me. Soft music started playing as the big doors opened and I saw Lorenzo standing there with his daughter.

My bride.

She kept her head low as she took small steps towards me while I took my sweet time in observing her. She was wearing a lace white wedding dress. The dress was beautiful but seemed nothing compared to the woman who was wearing it. She had her brown hair down in waves and a small bouquet in her hands. She stood in front of me as her father placed her soft small hands in mine. The bishop started the ceremony and everyone was listening to him carefully. Everyone but me. I was so mesmerised by the beauty in front me that I couldn't concentrate on anything around me and to top it all off, I was seeing her in person for the first time. What is happening to me?

Never has any woman cast such a spell on my senses. I don't know weather I like her effect on but one thing is for sure, I'll have a very thought time keeping my hands to myself around her. Her soft skin was inviting me to touch her, to feel her body in arms and don't get me started on her lips. They were plum pink and so fucking inviting. I had this urge to kissing her hard but I controlled myself. I have everything I need to know about her but I was still a total stranger to her. I need to control my urges, at least for now.

I felt a small squeeze on my hand and I looked at her. She turned her eyes towards the bishop and he repeated his question, "Do you, Dario Damien De Luca, take Arianna Bella Rossi, as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." I curtly said and everyone in the audience clapped.

"With the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The bishop said and I leaned forward towards my now wife. Her delicious smell of vanilla hit my senses and it made her further more irresistible to me. I cupped her face but nervousness was clearly evident on it. I knew it. She doesn't know a thing about me. I'm still a stranger to her. I placed a soft kiss on the corner of her mouth and retreated.

Everyone in the audience thought it was a proper kiss but I didn't want to pressure her into anything. I'm not an opportunist. I don't take advantage of a woman, especially not my wife's. She looked up at me with thankfulness in her eyes. I nodded my head a little. She smile at me and I wrapped an arm around her small waist and lead her towards the reception hall.

.

.

.

I showed Arianna her room at my Mansion. I decided to give her privacy till we get comfortable enough to share a room, if that'll ever happen. I got it decorated over the last week and it turned out really good. I hope she'll be comfortable here. I've also assigned some of my female staff to assist her at all times. Mia will be her personal help. She'll make sure Arianna will get everything she wants. Her wish is their command.

Once she was settled in, I took my car and started driving towards Francesca, my mistress

Once she was settled in, I took my car and started driving towards Francesca, my mistress. I need to blow off some steam and the thing I like about her is that she's responsive and never asks a question.

I knocked on her apartment door and she opened it wearing a skimpy nighty which was barely covering her body. She smirked at me and pulled me in by my shirt collar. She pushed me on the couch and straddled me. She started opening my shirt buttons and fisted my hair in her hands. She slowly descended her lips on mine and I don't know how but my mind went to Arianna's lips. How plum and kissable they were. How would it feel to kiss her? I shook her thoughts off my head and concentrated on Francesca.

The woman started rubbing herself against me and for the first time in my life, I wasn't ready to get down and dirty with her. My mind was too clouded with the thoughts of Arianna. Fuck. What am I doing? I'm not a cheater. If I sleep with Francesca today with Arianna in my mind, I'll not only be cheating on Arianna but also Francesca. Neither of them deserved it.

"I'm sorry. I can't." I said as I stood up from the couch and started buttoning my shirt.

"Why? What happened? Did I do something wrong?" Francesca asked, a little disappointed.

"It's not you. I can't do this. I can't cheat on my wife." With that I took my coat from the couch and stormed out of her apartment without waiting for her response. I sat in the car and started driving back to my house.

The promise I made to Matteo the other day came rushing back to me. He knew I'd go off the track and that is why he made me promise him. Little does he know, not his promise but my wife herself, pulled me away from cheating on her.

Damn, I need a drink.