26. Donna

Arianna De Luca

"Oh my God! What do we do now?" Laura's panicked voice boomed through the movie room.

"Calm down, Laura. I'll call Matt. Ari, call Dario immediately." Nina said and I pulled out my phone from my pocket. I tried calling him but the call failed. My phone wasn't catching signal. Odd.

"I haven't got any signal. Shit!" Nina said. "Me too." I replied.

"Donna, I think they have a signal jammer with them." The man standing next to Mia said.

"Donna, we need to rush you all to the safe room." Mia said. Safe room is a room necessarily built for a situation like this. It's a password protected room with highest security in the mansion. Even more secured than Dario's study. In-case of an attack, kids and innocents can be sent to this room. It has all the means necessary to survive the attack. It has some food and water stored in there along with armaments like guns and bullets.

"You take Nina and Laura with you. I need to address the men." I said and all of us started walking out of the movie room.

"But Donna, your protection is our utmost responsibility." Mia tried to argue but I glared at her.

"Mia, My husband is out of town and Mr. Ricci isn't present here either. Under such circumstances, the responsibly of commanding our army falls into my hands." I said and asked the man standing next to her to gather around our men in the living room.

"But, Donna—" She started and I cut her off. I stopped in my track and turned around to face her.

"What do you call me as? Donna, right. It means the 'lady of the house'. So as your Donna, I command you to escort Nina and Laura to the safe room." She pressed her lips into thin line and nodded her head.

"No, Ari. I'll stay with you. I have training to protect myself. Laura doesn't yet. Make her the priority right now." Nina said as we reached the living room and I nodded my head.

"Mia, please escort her," I said and Mia quickly scurried away with Laura.

I quickly went upstairs to change into a pair of jeans and a white top. Meanwhile, the men started gathering around in the living room. More men were coming from our warehouse through a secret tunnel built near the room where we hid all the weapons.

When I came downstairs, Paul handed me the first gun which I tucked in my waist band, covering it with my top. He then handed me a pocket knife which I kept inside my back pocket. After that he gave me a small gun which I tucked in the side of my boots. At the same time, Nina loaded herself up on the weapons, hiding it the same way I did.

Finally, Paul gave me a gun which I held in my hand and walked towards the living room. As I started walking, people separated in two and gave me the path.

I stood in front of them and they all looked up at me, ready to follow each and every word that falls out of my mouth. 'You can do this.' I reassured myself before I started speaking.

"I know this a difficult time and we're not fully prepared but that does not mean we'll not give them a good fight. I want all of you to load yourself with as much guns and bullets as possible. We don't know how much time will it take for more men from the warehouse to come here and perhaps your Don too. We need to protect our mansion and ourselves from the enemy. I want you guys to find out who is the person attacking us and try and contact my husband too in the mean time. We're outnumber but we are not weak. We'll save ourselves. We'll save our mansion and warehouse. We'll save our mafia and we'll show the enemies that we never loose. Are you guys with me?" I asked as I completed the speech.

"Yes!" They all replied in unison and bowed their head before me.

I gave all of them areas of this Mansion to look after. I assigned all of them places to be. I posted around 12 men near the safe room. I gave each room 3 men and I headed to Dario's study. It has an emergency button which will lock all the windows and door except for the secret one built in here.

I pressed the button and slowly, all the windows and doors were covered with bulletproof glass and the door were locked with numerical code. I posted around 10 men in Dario's study to protect the secret door.

When we'll need to give access to other men of ours to enter the mansion, we'll be needing this door and the tunnel bear the armaments' room.

After about 10 minutes, I walked outside to the main hall to see the last person I expected. He was standing there with around 20 of our men standing behind him.

My eyebrows furrowed as to how he came inside and why are my men standing behind him but it didn't take me a genius to figure out what was going over here.

Bloody Traitors.