17. Mirrored

Arianna De Luca

"Where are you, Ari?" I heard Nina shout from the living room. I and Dario were in the kitchen currently, having our breakfast. I looked at Dario with surprised expression and he shrugged his shoulders.

It was unusual of Nina to drop by so early in the morning. She usually has her yoga classes around this time. She's an instructor there and that pretty much explains that sizzling body of hers. I talked to Dario about joining her classes but he insists I do it privately. It's not safe for me to go out everyday without protection. Dario won't allow me to take guards because apparently I'll be wearing short clothes and no ones allow to see me since 'I'm his', as he puts it.

"I'm in the kitchen," I replied and after a minute Nina walked in dressed in a causal pair of jeans and a printed tee with a jacket on it.

"Are you done with your breakfast?" She questioned as she took a seat on the high chair of the kitchen island.

"Good morning to you too," Dario sarcastically said and Nina frowned at him.

"Matt is taking me on a date tonight and I have nothing to wear—" Nina said and before she could complete her sentence, Dario jumped in.

"Nina you literal have a closet 'room' for you in your house. Do you literally think you have nothing to wear?" He questioned and rolled his eyes.

"Excuse me, I have clothes but I have nothing to wear. Ari, you understand right?" She turned towards me and I smiled nodding my head. "Of course."

"Ladies." Dario said rolling his eyes once again. He got up from his seat, seeing he was done with his toast. He grabbed his cup of coffee and kissed my forehead before walking off to his study.

"Will you please come with me?" She asked with puppy eyes.

"Sure, why not. Just give me 5 minutes, I'll get ready." Nina nodded her head and went to the living room. I quickly kept my dishes in the basin and walked up to our room.

I slipped into a white summer dress with frills on the bottom. I wore a black leather jacket and left my hair open with middle-part and beach-y waves. I put some jewellery on and slipped into a pair of heels. I jogged downstairs and went to Dario's study. I punched my fingerprint and entered in.

"You ready?" He stood up, closed his laptop flap, placed it inside his briefcase and walked up to me. He reached into his back pocket and fished out his wallet. "Here," He said and handed me a credit card. It had a platinum line on it, indicating it's limit. "I've already called for yours and you'll get that in a day probably."

"I get to have my own card?" I was surprised. Dad never gave me my own car. He'd always hand me cash or give me a limit to spend on his card. He'd often say what a waste of money and time, shopping is and so Alicia and I seldom went to shopping, let alone have our own cards.

"Of course. I've linked your account with mine so you'll have a similar one." He said and cupped my face.

"Okay, What shall I get you?" I asked as I kept the card inside my clutch.

"Why would you get me anything?" He furrowed his eyebrows. I looked up into his eyes and bit my lip. They were so deep, just like a bowl full of melted chocolate. So mesmerising.

"I mean, I'm using your card, I'd like it if I can buy you something." He smiled at me.

"How about you buy some sexy lingerie for yourself and give me a show tonight?" He casually said in a voice which was huskier that usual. I instantly grew red and bit my lip, looking down. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to his chest. I his my red face into his chest and he let out a husky laugh. Jesus Christ!

"I.. I should g-go." I stuttered, God knows why and my dear husband just chuckled at my embarrassment once again. He kissed me briefly before I bid him goodbye and walked out of his study.

.

.

.

"I like the red one better," I said as I examined Nina from head-to-toe. She was wearing a body con bright yellow dress which didn't really go with her skin tone.

"Yeah? Me too. I guess I'm buying the red dress for tonight," She said and went inside the changing room once again. When she stepped out, she had 3 other dresses in her hands apart from the red one.

When she met my eyes, I raised a teasing brow. "What? A girl should have options," She shrugged her shoulders.

"Right." I said and she gave me a sly smile. We soon paid for our dresses and were heading out of the store when accidentally I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry," We both said at the same time. The cup of coffee from her hand spilt due to the impact. I picked my bags from the floor, as did she and looked at her.

I was shocked.

She had a very odd resemblance to Dario. She had the same hair colour, same sharp jawline and moreover same ears. Of course she had different eye colour, nose and lips' shape but her hair and face structure were a total different story. How does she have such mirrored features?