7. Lunch

Arianna De Luca

It's a bright Sunday today which means Dario's home. I woke up at around 9 this morning and decided to give all the cooks, a day off. I've been meaning to try and cook or bake something all by myself, without any help from others.

Back when I was at my father's house, whenever I entered the kitchen, everyone used to leave, including the head chef. They knew I didn't like any interferences while cooking. It's like a therapeutic time for me. I usually pour myself a glass of juice, splashed with a little bit of vodka and play some music, all the while doing all the work.

I got dressed after I took a shower. I wore a spaghetti sleeved, wine red tank top and some hot pants. There's no one in the house today except for me and Dario so I might as well wear sometime good. It's hot today too so this'll be good while I work in the kitchen.

I walked down to the kitchen and prepared some breakfast for myself. I asked Dario if he wanted some but turns out he's already had his earlier. After I kept the dirty dishes in the sink, I started cutting some vegetables.

I'm in the mood for some traditional Italian food today so I've decided to make some bite sized Bruschetta as an appetisers, some spicy Pasta Carbonara but minus the pork. Then I'll make some Mushroom Risotto and for the dessert, I couldn't choose between Panna Cotta or Tiramisu. Guess I'll have to ask Dario about that.

I made a mental note about the dessert and continued chopping my vegetables. I pulled out my phone and started playing, South of The Border by Ed Sheeran. I started humming and dancing a little, along with the tune, all the while sautéing my vegetables in the pan.

I rinsed the rice grains under the water and added them to the pot of water before switching on the gas. I was in the middle of the activity when I felt two strong hands, wrap around my waist from behind. Butterflies settled in my stomach when he pulled me to his hard chest and rested his chin on my shoulder, peeping into my dish.

"Why are you in the kitchen, Arianna? Where are the chefs?" He asked as he turned me around to face him, gently.

I picked a piece of cloth from the counter and cleaned my hands. I then cupped his face and replied, "I gave them a day off. I wanted to cook."

"You don't have to. What am I paying them for if my wife's gonna have to do all the work?" He said and a slight frown etched on his face.

"Don't you ever wanna taste my food, Dario?" I asked in a disappointed voice. He kept quiet for a second before answering.

"Fine. When you put it like that." He shook his head and I chuckled at his slight pout.

"Okay, so tell me, what do you want for dessert? A Tiramisu or Panna Cotta?" I asked, keeping my hands on his chest.

"Tiramisu, if you please." He softly replied. I nodded my head and said, "Tiramisu, it is."

"How about you finish your work and once I'm done cooking, I'll come fetch you?" I offered and he nodded his head before kissing my forehead and walking off.

It took me another 2 hours to prepare everything and by the time I was done, it was already about 12. I went towards Dario's office and punched my finger print before entering in. He registered my print in the machine two days after we were married and says I don't need to knock when I enter so I shamelessly enter his cabin whenever I want.

A day before yesterday, I was bored and surprised him at his office. I bought him dinner since it was already 8 and after that, I dragged him to watch this opera show with me. It was very sweet of him to wind up his work and take me out without any prior conversation.

"Il pranzo è pronto, Don." I mischievously said and bowed my head before him. He smirked at me saying my sentence in Italian.
(Lunch's ready, Don.)

Although, I come from a Italian family, I'm not fluent in it and he's helping me with it. He, apparently, knows not only English, but also Italian, Spanish, French and a little bit of Dutch. Impressive, I know.

He closed his laptop and walked up to me.

"Not bad. Grazie, mia Donna." He said and I caught the 'Thank you' and I nodded my head with a big smile.
(Thank you, my Donna.)

He then quickly went to change and I laid the dishes out on the table along with the cutleries. I was setting the table when I saw him coming down in a light blue shirt and a pair of grey washed up jeans. His hair was tossed back and he looked quite fresh than earlier. He noticed me checking him out and smirked. I blushed and turned away as both of us sat to have our lunch.

I served the bruschetta on his plate, waiting for him to taste it. He was about to pick it up when a shrill voice sounded, taking us by surprise.

I looked up at the same time as Dario and noticed a woman standing there. She had curly red hair and olive tanned skin. She was tall, probably a few inches taller than me and was wearing a body-hugging dress.

"If you aren't the infamous, Arianna De Luca." She said looking at me, spitting the words 'De Luca' with a venomous voice.

Who is she?