29. Shit!

Dario De Luca

"Where are you, Dario?" I heard my cousin bark into the phone as soon as I picked up his call. He has rang me at least 10 times since last 5 minutes.

"Good morning to you too, Matteo." I sarcastically replied him and got out of my car. I ordered the driver to take my suitcase from the car. He took it out and handed it to the staff of my private jet.

"Where are you, Dario? It's not the time to joke." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows. He sounded as if his dog was dying or something. What got his panties into twist? The doors of my jet opened just as I answered Matteo.

"I'm at the airport. I'm flying back early as I was done with all the meetings and am on my way to surprise Arianna. Why, what's wrong?" I questioned and climbed the steps of my private jet.

"I just got a message from the warehouse. Your mansion is under attack." He said and my eyes widened for a moment. That was uncalled for.

"By whom?" I asked and walked towards the pilot's cockpit. I need to be back in Rome as soon as possible.

"I need to reach Rome as soon as possible. We're under attack. Take off immediately." I ordered the pilot and he nodded his head in agreement.

"I don't know who is behind this yet but there's someone on the inside helping them. Nina and Laura are in there too. I cannot connect them since they've placed signal jammers outside the mansion but Arianna was clever enough to send some of the men present in the mansion, to fetch our other men from the warehouse. She has taken over and is the boss currently. I'm on my way to Rome and it'll take me approximately 5 hours to reach there. How long will it take you?" I heard Matteo say in the phone. I fastened my seatbelt and the plane took off shortly. The call obviously got cut but I managed to message Matteo.

"I've asked the pilot to hurry and it'll take me 5 hours too. As soon as you reach Rome, meet me at the warehouse first. We need to load ourselves with guns first. I've only got 3 on me since it was just a three days' trip." I pressed the 'send' button and then switched off my phone.

Shit! Shit! Shit!

What do I do? How do I protect Arianna? She's there alone and I don't know anyone who'd want to betray me. Who would want to attack the mansion?

Very few people know of my absence from Rome. I was of course foresighted enough to assign more men around the mansion so as to protect the people inside if anything was to happen but I wasn't prepared enough for an attack. Those fuckers took advantage of my absence and I swear to God I will kill the man with my bare hands.

The history is repeating itself. The same thing happened to my mom. She was killed at our home in the absence of my father but I promise, I won't let anything happen to me or Arianna.

I didn't realise when those 5 hours went by mostly because I was worried sick for Arianna and also because I was busy thinking of different ways I'll torture the person behind this before killing him/her. I'll make sure his/her death is slow and agonising. I'd make him wish he was never born. I'm gonna rip his head off his body.

As soon as the flight landed, I quickly stepped out and saw my car ready. My luggage was quickly transferred and the driver sped off to my warehouse. When we reached, I got out and straight away entered my office. I saw Matteo was already there, loading bullets in a gun that he was holding.

"Thank God, you're here early." Matteo said as he saw me and I further walked inside.

I quickly took a black shirt and pant out of my small cupboard in here and walked in the washroom to change. I walked out and threw on the black blazer I was wearing earlier and started tucking gun in my waist band and shoe.

"We're ready to leave, Don." Paul said and I nodded. I took out my favourite gun from the secret drawer in my desk. It was a beautiful golden and silver coloured gun with the letters 'DE LUCA' engraved in it. This was the heirloom gun passed to me from generations. This has been in possession ever since I took over. This gun is my baby and has never disappointed me. Ever since I first used it, which was around 6 years back, I've never lost a single war. This gun doesn't know the meaning of word 'defeat'.

"You ready?" I asked Matteo and he nodded.

"Let's go put those fuckers in their place, shall we?" I asked and the men standing before me nodded their head shouting, "YES!"