Riptide

Chapter Two

Present day.

"THIS is Protacio Apostol," turo ni Tor sa larawang nasa malaking monitor. "He was known as Amang or The Elder to his international counterparts. He was once a leader of a shadow government. I'm sure you're all aware by now that our very own parents followed him in the course of his regime. Rumor has it that during his prime, his authority could even surpassed the power of a king. He rules in the shadow. And people in high places doesn't sit well with the idea of having someone as powerful as him to decide their fate. In order to thwart his malevolent presence, they decided to terminate his best assets. Our parents."

"Where is he now?" tanong ni Venom.

"V here can answer that," tukoy ni Torment kay Vengeance.

"He's in prison."

"He was incarcerated?" maang na tanong ni Menace.

"More like voluntary," tugon ni Vengeance. "Only few people know his real identity."

"How did you know it was him?" tila curious lamang na tanong ni Trace.

"I accidentally saw him talking to my Dad before I entered the training camp. When I asked my father about him he simply said Amang. He even told me not to breathe a word about meeting him 'cause it might put my life at risk."

"Did you meet him when you were...?"

"Imprisoned?" pagtatapos ni Vengeance sa hindi makumpletong katanungan ni Thorn. "Yes, I found him while I was detained for parricide."

Vengeance was accused of killing his own mother, si Gertrude. He was set-up by Gertrude's lover who was the real culprit behind the crime. Ngunit sa pagtutulungan nilang magkaibigan ay kaagad din itong nakalaya at napawalang-sala. There's no love lost between the mother and son. Ganoon pa man ay pinursige pa rin ni Vengeance na mabigyan ng katarungan ang sinapit ng babae.

"Siya ba ang susunod nating misyon?" tanong ni Ferocious.

"The truth is, the ball is already rolling," tugon ni Zenith. "V here found the man who could help us locate the Pandora's File."

"More like V twists his arm," komento ni Callous.

"Whose?" tila iisang taong bumaling ang magkakaibigan kay Callous.

"Jethro Duque."

"That's Vengeance's way for you, my friend," ani Scythe. "Simpleng brutal."

Nagkatawanan ang mga ito. Tila hindi naman apektado roon si Vengeance.

"This Pandora's File, is it like a Black Book?" ani Omi.

"It could be worst," ani Tor. "That's why it's imperative that we secure that file. Because if it falls to the wrong hand, it will be pandemonium."

"How trustworthy is this Jethro Duque?" tanong ni Ferocious.

"I could vouched for him," sagot ni Zenith. "He's okay. Aside from that, V made sure that he has an insurance policy."

"What kind of an insurance policy?" Tor asked.

"Chantal Karan's safety."

"Siya ba 'yong hinatiran ko ng singsing?" tila noon lamang naalala ni Omi.

"Yup. By the way it was charged to V, wedding gift."

Napasipol si Omi sa sinabi ni Zenith. "Mr. Kuripot-who?"

"How much was it?" bahagya pang humilig ang ulo ni Scythe sa katabing si Omi.

"It's a rare blue 6.5 carat diamond Harry Winston, bruh," tugon naman ng isa. "Close to £5 million. And take note, that price alone is for the engagement ring. Hindi pa kasama ro'n ang katernong wedding ring."