Something that I am proud of

Do you know what this picture represents? Tell me what you think it represents, because I sure as heck know what it represents.

And I believe that a lot of people who don't know this need to know this. A lot of people need to understand this, because there are plenty of people who hate this or don't understand, either because they are just clueless or refuse to understand.

This represents autism awareness. I very much support. Why you may wonder, or you may not at all. It's because I have autism. High functioning autism. I am not the worst when it comes to those who have autism but I am also not the best. And I personally know a bunch of people who refuse to understand those who have autism and just list them as retarded. Those people are most of the people on my dad's side of the family, including my dad.

I wanted all of you to know this because I want to spread autism awareness everywhere and to allow everyone to realize that that kid who is talking weird, almost gibberish but clearly using the same language as you are, and throwing a fit over a small thing who is clearly a teenager might just have autism. They aren't just a spoiled brat that never learned how to speak. They aren't a retard. They may just have autism.

I want to put an end to so many people thinking that autism is nothing but a weakness. Because if you look past the weaknesses then you'll see that those who have autism have strengths that many people do not. There are geniuses who have autism, so one day maybe that kid with autism who you constantly picked on for being weird, may just find the cure for cancer or another deadly illness.

Even I thought that autism was a weakness for a while until I was shown a bunch of people who either were diagnosed with, or were said to possibly have had, autism. Every single one of them was someone who had made history. And even now I realize what my strengths are if I really look. My Junior year of high school ended a few weeks ago and it was my best school year yet because I got honors twice and high honors in that year.

So remember, never think only of the weaknesses that comes with autism, think of the great strengths that autism has that many people could never possibly dream of having. I am proud that I have autism because I would not be the person that I am now if I didn't have it. I could have been pregnant in high school or vaping or smoking in the school bathroom constantly. I could have even ended up crying myself to sleep every night, and I wouldn't have made the achievements that I have made in my life.

Autism's strengths are constantly masked by their weaknesses, don't be the fool that doesn't try to look beyond that mask.