D-20: family dinner

Jimin could not be found when Jungkook came back home, so he decided to watch his sister reading. One glimpse of the cover told him it was French literature, which, once again, made him admire his sister for her sophistication. Apart from Korean she spoke another five languages: Chinese and Japanese, as well as English, French and Spanish. Her journeys through Europe and Africa were the reason for their family's uncommon taste in music, which was often praised by guests, and her travels through East and South-East Asia had filled their house with ancient treasures, that many collectors were envious of.

Watching her turning over the pages, made his mind drift off. Dirty thoughts of Jimin popped up inside his head, but he pushed them back forcefully. Those thoughts becoming reality meant hurting Maei. He could never do that.

The cracking of the front door made his head snap up. Their parents entered the living room.

"Welcome back," Jungkook heard the voice of the one he just daydreamed of. The brown-haired appeared at the upper stairs.

"Wouldn't it be your job to welcome us back home?" Mr. Jeon asked his daughter jokingly and placed a kiss on her hair.

"Good to have you all together," Mrs. Jeon spoke, gesturing Jimin to come down, "We wish for you three to accompany us to dinner at seven. We have something to announce."

All three nodded their heads and Jungkook gave his watch a glimpse. Two more hours to go, well, depending on where they would eat. Did he really watch his sister for two hours?

"Where's our reservation?" he asked his mother.

"Same place as always," she replied with a smile, then turned around to guide the Parks to the elevator that led to the guestrooms. Jungkook tried to remember when he had last seen his mother using the stairs. He could not remember.

><

The three arrived five minutes late, this time not caused by Jungkook. He got out of the car, handing the keys with a warning look to the bellboy, his sister linked arms with him, and, smiling, he guided her up the stairs, Jimin following behind.

"You look gorgeous, little sis," he whispered to her.

"I know. I also know, you like this dress most," she replied with a mischievous smile, "It is so easy to make you happy."

Jungkook chuckled. When it came to his sister, he truly was easy. She knew exactly which clothes he loved to see her wear and how she had to act to get what she wanted. The dress she wore tonight was anthracite and artfully wrinkled, showing off her back from the nape to the lower spine. A big, sparkly necklet highlighted the simple clothing. The jewelry had been a birthday present from Jungkook some years ago.

For a moment, it felt like their normal Sunday evening family dinner, his sister and him joking about everyone and everything coming to their mind and teasing each other. But then Jungkook felt the strong hand on his back when they reached the entrance, and he was reminded of their guest.

The staff knew them already and guided them to their parents' table. And after apologizing for their late arrival and sitting down, they ordered their meals and Mrs. Jeon stated talking.

"The Parks and we thought that it would be nice, if the brothers- and sisters-in-law got to know each other. So, we decided to invite Joonyeo to stay at ours, too, until the wedding."

Jungkook could see his sister's face lightening up when their mother mentioned his fiancée. The two girls knew each other well and had been traveling together for some weeks after the engagement of Joonyeo and him had been announced.

"This is a great idea," she chimed in with their mother, "When will she arrive?"

"For she has some liabilities to take care of on Monday and Tuesday, she will arrive on Wednesday afternoon," Mrs. Jeon replied.

That said, they went back to chitchat about less important things. Jungkook and Maei listened to their fathers' conversation about South-Korean digital market development, occasionally giving some input and asking some questions, while Jimin entertained the two older women with his charm, joking about the seriousness of the others' conversation.

Jungkook watched him occasionally. Jimin really had a hand for sweet-talking people. He wrapped their mother around his little finger as if it was nothing. Well, maybe he had the son-in-law bonus, but Jungkook had never been able to make his mother laugh that much. Towards him she had always been a strict nanny. Motherly care did not occur in his vocabulary.

>><<