D-13: truth or dare

After Jimin had returned home yesterday, Maei had given Jungkook a lecture about responsibility and adult behavior. Her fiancé had come home drenched from the summer rain and with blue lips, in a taxi she had had to pay for because he had not brought enough cash with him. Even now, Jungkook did not understand why he had had to endure her speech when it was Jimin who had been too dumb to buy an umbrella or use his credit card on an ATM.

However, seeing his future brother-in-law in this pitiful state had made him regret his actions. Even if he had not been sorry for his outburst, at least he had regretted leaving him alone in an unknown city. He had almost hugged him when he had seen his blue trembling lips and the lowered head with the big puppy eyes, seemingly asking him for forgiveness. Almost!

After this incident, Maei wanted to change the brother-in-law-relationship to the better (hell, if she knew...).

Jungkook turned around in surprise when he heard the door of his room open. He had thought everyone had gone out, but in the doorframe stood Maei, displaying a sweet smile. Too sweat for his liking. With narrowed eyes, he watched her come over to him.

She sat on his desk, legs dangling on his sides, trapping him in his seat and blocking his view of the computer screen. He prayed to god that she did not show this pose to other guys, otherwise he would have to tear out some eyes. Hot pants should be prohibited for young women.

"Dear beloved brother," she began, causing Jungkook to raise an eyebrow at her, "Would you please offer some fancy drinks out of your collection for a movie night with our young guests?"

"What? You want me to waste those rare bottles of heavenly liquor on some inexperienced tongues? Stop spending my goods lavishly!" he retorted, pretending to be outraged.

His sister smiled brightly and jumped off the table, giving him a peck on the nose.

"You are the best, my dear," she lilted and was about to leave the room.

"Ah! Wait! Now that you say it. Mr. Kim Taehyung sends his greetings."

"All the best for him, too," she said happily, closing the door behind her.

Shaking his head in amusement, Jungkook turned around to his computer again.

><

Thankfully, Jimin had not caught a cold, so all four sat on the comfortable couch in the living room and watched a movie. Some new action or thriller.

"Do we have to watch this boring shit?" Jungkook complained after the fifth dead body in ten minutes and yawned demonstratively.

"I don't like it either," Joonyeo agreed.

Maei grabbed the remote and stopped the massacre.

"So, what do we do?" she asked and sipped on the expensive Whiskey Jungkook had offered.

"Why not play the good old truth or dare?" Joonyeo suggested, her grin predicting nothing good. Jungkook glanced at Jimin. The older had not made a move on him since the wedding cake incident, he even seemed to avoid him. So that side seemed fine. But this game could be risky, for Jungkook did not know whether he could control himself if things got out of hand.

"I like that," Maei jumped in. "I am still eighteen, I can insist on playing childish games."

She kneeled on the other side of the wooden coffee table. Joonyeo followed her and the two men just slid down the couch, using it as a backrest. Since they were too lazy to get a spinning-bottle, Maei reached out for the paper knife. After testing its qualities as a replacement, they started playing.