D-16: V

The girls walked into the kitchen, blabbering like always, and sat down next to their boyfriends. Demonstratively, Jungkook wrapped an arm around Joonyeo, pecking her cheek. Jimin just raised an eyebrow and gave him a reserved look.

"Today mother and I will go for a wedding dress. Joon is coming with us," Maei loosened the tension. "You boys should get a suit. And in two days we will taste the cakes. I am counting on your tongue, brother. The dishes will be selected on-"

"Maei. I'll forget all of it if you tell me now. Just tell me on the day it's going to happen," Jungkook interrupted her flood of words.

"Right. I forgot your neuronal capacity is not as good as mine," his sister retorted.

Jungkook gave her a knowing and loving smile, taming her a little.

"We'll go for suits. You got any preferences?" he asked her soothingly.

"Make it classy," she said simply, winking at him. Understanding what she meant, he nodded.

><

Strolling along the shopping mile, Jungkook turned into a small alley with Jimin following him confused.

"Where are we going? You won't kill me in an abandoned alley, will you?" his future brother-in-law asked jokingly, "That would be a waste of my tongue technology."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Can you not turn every conversation into a sexual one? It's tiring."

Letting out a sigh, he started to explain, "Maei and I found this place when we were shopping last year. Those two make great suits. You won't find any other tailor-shop doing a better job than them."

That said, he stopped in front of a small boutique. Above the entrance hung a big golden V. That was all. No advertisement, no other letters, no fancy neon sign. Entering the store, a little bell rang, indicating their entrance.

The shelfs were filled with fabric in all shades of black, gray, and blue, and dark wood beamed warmly from every corner of the small salesroom.

"Oh, Mr. Jeon Jungkook, how can I help you today?" a deep voice resounded from the backroom, followed by a tall man in wide dress pants and a snow-white button-down with a tape measure around his neck and sandals on his feet.

"Mr. Kim, I'm glad to meet you again. We need suits for a wedding," Jungkook replied.

"Didn't know gay marriage was legalized. Did they legalize weed, too?" a raspy voice sounded from where Mr. Kim just came from. Another guy, much smaller and with a grumpy face and grey hair, entered the customer area.

"Was that necessary, Yoongi?" the tall man sighed.

"Nice to see you, too, Mr. Min," Jungkook greeted the grumpy guy. "We need a wedding suit for my future brother-in-law." He emphasized the last word. "Maei wants it classy. And one suit for me, too, please."

"Uuuu... Maei's getting married? Well, lemme see, darling. Come here." And Mr. Kim pulled Jimin to a podium, starting to get his body measured.

"Follow me," Mr. Min grumbled and placed Jungkook next to the groom.

Meticulously, they used their tape measures on the two men, writing down the numbers on little pieces of paper.

"You want navy-blue again?" the tall tailor asked Jungkook, giving him a brief glimpse.

"Yes, Mr. Kim, black always makes me look like I'm heading to a funeral. Must be because of the black hair."

The tailor giggled. "Well, well. By the way, call me Taehyung. I don't like the formal stuff."

After putting down their tapes the two tailors went through the shelfs, each coming back with an arm full of different fabrics.

Mr. Min showed his samples to the younger. "Those are our darkest blues. Choose one of 'em, Mr. Jeon. Whereas for you, Mr. ahm-"

"Park. The name is Park Jimin."

"- Mr. Park, I'd recommend something between black and dark anthracite." With that he took the fabric roles off his coworker's arms. "We should also highlight the revers to make it look less hard. For the inner lining I'll bring you something later. We will decide on the style when you have chosen the textiles."

Jimin gave the formerly grumpy now professional small man a staggered look.

"I love your professionalism, my dear," Mr. Kim chuckled and pecked his companion on the cheek, making the gray-haired blush lightly.

"Stop blabbering and bring the samples," he murmured and the taller bounced off, hurrying to the backroom.

Coming back with two hands full of small silken samples, he turned to his two customers.

"This fabric can also be used for making the ties."

After choosing the fabrics and buttons and deciding on the single-breasted English style with three buttons and two slits on the back, they left the store with the best greetings for Maei.

"They really know their business," Jimin admitted. "Are they a couple?"

>><<