D-14: cake

Yesterday they had met the wedding planner Mr. Bang, a lively, chubby middle-aged man with perfect manners. Today they would go visit the cake shop with him to decide on the wedding cake.

When they opened the glass door, a broad-shouldered man with a beautiful face welcomed them.

"Hello Mr. Bang, we already spoke over the phone, am I right?" He bowed softly to the wedding planner. "Who's the happy couple?"

Mr. Bang gestured towards Maei and Jimin.

"This is Jeon Maei and this is Park Jimin. The one behind the bride is her brother Jeon Jungkook and his fiancée Kim Joonyeo," he introduced them. "Everyone, this is Kim Seokjin, one of the most talented people in the kitchen of which I ever had the pleasure to meet." Turning back to the chef he whispered, "We'll have to wait for the mothers."

"That's no problem. Let me show you our creations while we wait."

The handsome confectioner guided them to the backroom, where three cakes were waiting for them to be tasted. Behind every cake stood a sign, showing a sketch of the finished version. They were extravagant.

One was completely covered in chocolate, delicate ornaments decorating every layer, one had pink roses on white foundation, and the last one was all gold with garnish made of glossy caramel.

After waiting for half an hour, Maei received a call from their mother, excusing their absence. They would not make it to the tasting. Thus, they all sat down and Mr. Kim sliced the cakes. Jungkook read his sisters face while she tried every piece. She was so easy to read when it was about food. Sometimes he wished she would always be that easy to understand, but him being a man and her being a woman occasionally made it hard to understand each other. However, her request confirmed his prediction. He knew her just too well.

"I like the gold design, but I do not like its taste. Could I have the fruity filling of the white gateau-" Jungkook chuckled at this word, "-with the golden design?"

"That should be no problem, Miss Jeon," Mr. Kim replied.

"Also, could you replace the caramel décor with something else. I do not like caramel," Maei went on.

"I could change it into rice syrup. It's less sweet and tastes more like honey. Would you like to try it?"

"That would be great."

Maei followed him to the kitchen, Joonyeo and Mr. Bang going after them. Jungkook turned around to the eating groom.

"Well, that was easy. By the way, you got cake on your lip," Jungkook stated, reaching out to wipe it off. When he was about to wipe it on the napkin, Jimin grabbed his wrist and pulled his hand back to his mouth. Holding the eye contact, he slowly licked the cream off the younger's thumb, sucking on it. Jungkook swallowed dryly when his digit left those plush lips with a soft popping sound.

Startled by the brunette's actions, he stared at him, and while he did so, Jimin got up, let his index slide through his piece of cake, and smeared the cream on the younger's lips. After a moment of appreciation of the chaos he had created, he continued to spread the cream over Jungkook's lips.

"You got cake on you lip. Want me to help you wipe it off?" he whispered, leaning in closer.

Jungkook could feel Jimin's breath on his lips. And he knew he should stop this. Now! But it was too late. Soft lips landed on his, sucking and licking, and with his brain short-circuited Jungkook intensified the kiss, grabbing the other's tie and pulling him closer. When their tongues finally met, the taste of the sweet cake intensified. Why must he be so irresistible? Why was his touch so addicting?

The sound of steps made them part, and Jungkook hastily licked his prickling lips to get rid of the cream. He could still taste Jimin and it did things to him that he did not want to think about in a situation like this.

"It's decided," Maei sing-sang and left the store with Joonyeo, not giving the two men a second glance.

Relieved, they watched the door closing behind her.

"If this goes on, we will ruin everything!" Jungkook hissed, giving Jimin an angry look. "We cannot endanger our parents' business with fooling around, so stop that stupid game of yours!"

He threw his napkin onto his seat and left behind a baffled Jimin, who had his shoulders pulled up to shield himself from Jungkook's rage. Because the girls were nowhere to be seen, the younger jumped inside his Ferrari and drove away. Speed limits did not matter to him right now. He just wanted to reach home, if it still could be called home since Jimin intruded his private life to this extent.

Some hundred meters away a forlorn Jimin left the cake shop.

>><<