D-7: exhaustion

When Jungkook and Jimin entered the tailor shop on Saturday morning, a happy Mr. Kim welcomed them.

"Good morning, Mr. Jeon, Mr. Park. Your suits are in the back. If you could wait a second."

He hurried into the backroom (waking up a sleeping Mr. Min) and came back with the half-finished suits.

"Should we let the groom try on his suit first?" he asked and raised one eyebrow. The two men nodded and Jimin was led into the changing room.

While Mr. Kim and Jimin were gone, Mr. Min stumbled into the room, giving Jungkook, who sat on the brown leather couch, a confused look. Then he shook his head, ran a hand though the messy gray hair, and went back into the backroom.

Two minutes later, he reappeared with two cups of coffee on a silver tray. Cautious not to spill anything, he placed it on the coffee table and reached out for the bottle he brought together with the cups.

"You want some?" he rasped, showing Jungkook the label. It was peppermint syrup. Startled and with a pinch of doubt in the gray-haired man's tastes, Jungkook shook his head to which the tailor only shrugged and poured some of the thick green liquid into his black coffee. After stirring it with the little silver spoon, he sat down next to Jungkook and took a sip.

"Taehyung invented it. At first, I was skeptical, too, but it turned out to be pretty good," he explained.

That said, silence filled the room only interrupted by the sound of the cups hitting the table. It was a pleasant silence, Jungkook thought and relaxed. Now that his mind was off duty, his thoughts went back to Monday morning.

His sister knew about them, but she did not seem bothered. Well, after all, it was just lust. They could end it any time. So, why not continue and have some fun? No one would be hurt in the end. Maybe family gatherings would be a little hard, for they would have to hold back, but in the end, nothing would change. His sister would still be married to the Park's son and he would marry Joonyeo.

The squeak of the dressing room door made him snap back.

"Mr. Jeon, please follow me," Mr. Min said leading him where Jimin came from.

The suits were perfect. And after Mr. Kim had given them samples of the fabrics with the buttons attached, they could leave the boutique and make their way to Jungkook's favorite shoe store and haberdasher.

And that was about everything that did happen that day. After lunch back at home, Jungkook went to bed and slept six hours straight. Joonyeo would have to plan their wedding. He would not lift one finger for that event. Every day of the last week had felt like coming home after fourteen hours of work, and it was ruining his work-life-balance.

When he woke up at seven in the evening, he just sat down in front of his computer and scrolled through the economy news until his eyes became tired again.

What an exhausting week.

>><<