D-1: comfort

Jungkook woke up to the sound of steps in the hallway. He searched for a clock and found one above the door that led to the adjoining bathroom. It was two in the afternoon.

With a sigh, he turned to the man in his arms. Did he look this cute, too, while sleeping? With a smile, he pulled the other closer again, nuzzling his nose into the pink, curly strands. For a moment, it felt like heaven. Holding the one he loved, naked skin caressed by the soft fabric of the blanket, sun shining into the room, making it glow. He wished every morning could be like this.

Pushing reality back for some more minutes, he closed his eyes again and breathed in Jimin's scent.

"Good morning," the smaller mumbled with a raspy morning voice, lifting up his head to face Jungkook. He gave him a small peck when he opened his eyes.

"I don't want back to reality. Let's stay inside the dream," Jungkook whined and slung his arms around the other's chest, peppering kisses on his collarbones. Last night had left dark marks on Jimin's neck and shoulder. Fortunately, they would be covered by the collar of his shirt.

"I'd love to do that, but our parents and fiancées will ask unpleasant questions, if we don't come home soon," Jimin replied, playing with Jungkook's hair.

"Can you at least keep the pink hair?" he asked, knowing the answer would be a no. Their parents would never allow this.

With a sigh both closed their eyes, wanting to stay like that forever. Facing reality hurt like shit, and Jungkook had to hold back his tears. He would not make it worse.

Eventually, he stood up with Jimin in his arms, carrying him into the bathroom and under the shower. They let the warm water wash away the last night while still holding onto each other, and if his mind had not been tormented by thoughts of the wedding, replaying every impossible version of stopping it, Jungkook would have found the situation arousing. But as it was now, he just enjoyed the feeling of Jimin's skin against his, watching the color of the smaller man's hair fade away.

Clothed again, they went to the kitchen and were greeted by a happy Hoseok. When the older saw their faces, his smile fell.

"Oh, dear heaven, what is it with those sad faces?" he asked, turning around to the shelf to get out two cups. He put them on the kitchen table and poured them some coffee.

"Could you please dye my hair back to brown?" Jimin asked quietly, eyes glued to the coffee cup he held with both hands.

"Oh boy, but why? You look gorgeous!"

"Please, just do it, Hobi," Jungkook intervened.

"This is very no fun!" With that the oldest left the room, gathering everything he would need for another coloration.

"Can we take a picture?" Jungkook asked shyly. "I really love this hair."

A small smile lit up Jimin's face and he nodded, putting down the coffee and coming closer. Jungkook slung an arm around him and leaned in, making a cute face for the camera. But before he knew, his lips were captured by Jimin's and the older pulled him into an intense kiss. There was so much love and despair in the way Jimin kissed him that it made his heart ache. He felt tears stinging at the back of his eyes and pressed the smaller closer to his body, suffocating his pain with desire.

When Jungkook heard Hoseok coming back, he broke off their intimate touch and put his phone back into his pocket.

"I don't like doing this," the stylist stated. "Your hair was a masterpiece."

With a dark expression, he made the small man sit down at the kitchen counter and threw a towel over his shoulders, starting to apply the dye.

Jungkook went back to the living room and called his sister, telling her they would be coming in about two hours. After the call, he went back to the kitchen and sat down to watch Hoseok doing his work. They talked about the last evening and the stylist assured them that no one had missed them when everyone had left.

When Jungkook asked him about Taemin and Minho, Hoseok chuckled and told them that those two had left the apartment arm in arm, singing an old trot love song. At that, Jimin laughed. He was amazed by how easily his two childhood friends made up after every fight. No matter how hard they fought (sometimes even with fists), they would always end up arm in arm, laughing about their stupidity.

To lift the mood, the stylist kept on telling anecdotes from last night. It really helped with distracting the two young men from whatever it was, that tortured their minds. Hoseok could not stand people with sad faces.

><

The rest of the day, Jungkook spent in his room because the living room was occupied by his mother making last minute calls. When he heard the door opening and a gush of his mother's blabbering rushed in, he turned around, hoping to see Jimin. But what he saw surprised him even more.

"Can we come in?" Maei asked shyly, Jimin behind her.

He gestured them to do so and Jimin closed the door, shutting out the persistent voice.

"I couldn't be alone," his sister confessed and sat down at the marble table, opening the book that she had brought with her. Her face was ashen and her hands were shaking, although barely visible. Seeing her in such a broken state hurt Jungkook's heart, but he knew he could not do anything to make it better, so he just let her have the company she needed.

Jimin, too, sat down in one of the armchairs, scrolling through his phone.

And so, the three spent the day in silent mutuality, occasionally listening to the piercing voice of Mrs. Jeon.

>><<