D-day

"Jungkook, wake up Maei!" Mrs. Jeon's voice echoed through the villa.

He looked up from the newspaper and put his coffee down. Who would sleep in on their wedding day? Shaking his head, he folded the paper and went upstairs.

"Maei?" He knocked. No answer.

Quietly he opened the door and poked his head in. He froze when he looked at the bed. Was he hallucinating or was this really his sister and Joonyeo, lying in bed together, naked? Quickly he closed the door again, but his hand kept lingering on the handle. His brain almost collapsed from the speed with which he calculated the consequences of what that could mean, and, if he was correct, how it could turn everything to the better. Bright future plans popped up in front of his inner eye, and a wide grin spread on his face.

But how should he mention it to his sister? What if he was wrong, and they just had ended up in bed because they had been drunk or something like that? Well, he would find the right moment. First thing on his list right now was waking up his sister, so he started knocking on the door until he heard her voice begging for mercy.

><

Jungkook sat in his seat in the first row while the stuff, Mr. Bang, and his mother were rushing through the room, checking everything a last time. What was it with mothers and weddings? He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his social media. He had not seen Maei all day, and he knew that he was running out of time to talk to her. It felt like the wedding would turn out disastrous if he could not talk to her beforehand.

To distract himself a little longer, he opened his picture gallery - and gasped. Pictures of pink-haired Jimin and him kissing flooded his screen, and damn they looked hot. He could not remember to ever have pressed the button, but he must have had, for there were about twenty photos showing their intense make out. He felt the urge to kiss the other right now, and it was so strong that it made him touch his prickling lips. But as well as his sister he had not seen his lover all day because the other was with his parents.

With a sigh he locked the screen of his phone and started walking up and down in front of the podium. Nervously his thumb played with the ring on his pinkie, twirling it around the little finger.

"Go, calm down your sister!" Mrs. Jeon suddenly hissed at him before rushing back to the entrance to welcome the guests that started to flood into the room.

Calming his sister? His shoulders tensed. What had happened? Concerned he sprinted to the backroom, hoping to find her there.

When he burst into the small, empty room, he found her, sitting on the sofa, sobbing heartbreakingly into their father's shoulder. It might occur as odd, but their father was the caring one of their parents, and Jungkook was thankful for his parental care when it came to Maei. He never talked much, but he was there when his children needed him.

Now, Mr. Jeon left the room, giving his son an encouraging nod. The wrinkles between his eyebrows were more prominent than usually, showing his concern for his beloved daughter.

"Maei! What is it?" He sat down next to her and pulled her into his arms, cautious not to rip the dress.

"I don't love him," she sobbed.

"I don't love Joon either."

"But I do! I love her, Jungkook!"

Shocked by her outburst (she never called him Jungkook), he slowly started to process what she had said. So, he had been right. She had something with his fiancée. The colorful future he had been fantasizing about flooded his mind again, and he stated to laugh relieved.

"Why are you laughing?" she cried out and pushed him away.

"That's perfect." He grabbed her chin and made her furious eyes look at him.

"What about this damn wedding is perfect except the decoration?" she retorted.

"I love Jimin."

At first, there was no reaction. But when she finally understood what that meant, her eyes widened and her face lit up.

"Oh my god!" a crazy, little giggle left her mouth. "Don't tell me I was right about you all the time!" She jumped up from the sofa and looked at him with big eyes. Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, giving her a well-yes-you-were-right look.

Once she got herself together again, she took a deep breath and stretched her hands out to him. He took them and waited for her to speak, knowing she had the same idea as him.

"My dear brother." (That sounded more like old Maei.) "Get married soon and move in with us!"

Jungkook grinned widely. "I will. Now, stop ruining your make-up, get out there with a stunning smile, and tell Jimin!"

><

I guess there is no need to tell the wedding was great. Maei had looked stunning striding down the aisle to the podium. Her father, who had led her there, obviously had been confused about her sudden change of mood but had also been delighted that she was happy again. Maei had whispered the news into the groom's ear when she had reached the stage, and his face had lit up as well. They had exchanged vows, that were not meant for their partner but for the ones they loved, and both had worn one more ring besides the wedding ring on their hand, showing there was one they belonged to by law and one they belonged to by love.

>><<