D-8: wedding dress

Maei and Mr. Bang dragged them through innumerable shops and stores to decide on the colors and the décor. It took them until Thursday to gather everything, because Maei would not decide on anything without her brother, who, unfortunately, went to work in the afternoon. So, everything had to be done in the morning.

"The white one or the cream one?"

"Plain or brocaded napkins? Come take a look!"

"Which table set should we take? The simple white one or the one with silver templates?"

"Lily or white chrysanthemum?"

And so on...

Jungkook collapsed into his bed every evening, drained from work and women-talk. And every day he asked himself why Maei could not take their mother with them to decide? Why did it have to be him? Only on the last evening, he realized that maybe it was because she was nervous. After all, she was only eighteen. She had never seen the world outside of school, shopping, and traveling.

When Jungkook thought about it like that, he felt sorry for her, so when she asked him to come to the wedding dresser on Friday, he went along with a smile.

Now he stood in front of the changing room, waiting for his sister to show him her dress, and for some reason he was nervous. It was silly and he had silently laughed at his mother when the two had come back from the tailor and she had been all scatter-brained for the rest of the day, but now he had to admit that the idea of his sister marrying was doing strange things to him as well. And not just because he had a thing for the groom.

When the lady who had helped Maei to dress finally pushed back the curtain after what had felt like a small eternity, Jungkook's eyes widened at the sight of his little sister. A simple, white silk-dress was hugging her petit body. The corset, that sparkled like falling stars, emphasized her lithe shape and the skirt, that was made of multiple layers of thin silk, looked like a waterfall and brushed over the carpet in a way that made her look like she hovered some inches above. She was beautiful.

"You look gorgeous, little sister," he whispered with a smile and walked over to take her small hands into his. "Spin around for me." She followed his request with a shy giggle and the waterfall curled and billowed, entrancing not only Jungkook but the shop assistant as well.

"Do I really look good?" Maei whispered and looked up to him with big uncertain eyes.

He pulled her into his chest. "You are the most beautiful creature I've ever seen, Maei. And I don't say that because you're my sister, but because I mean it. You are angelic in appearance and mind. Push away the nasty thoughts that pressure you, and spend your last single days having fun." He kissed her forehead and let her go.

A soft 'Thank you' left her lips and she went back to the cabinet to undress.

"Now it's too late to stop you from marrying him, isn't it?" he joked, when he sat down on one of the beige settees to wait.

"Why? You want to have him to yourself?" she asked in a provoking tune.

Jungkook's heart stopped. Did she know something?

"Wha- what are you saying?" he stuttered, trying to shake off the idea that Maei might now and the discomfort caused by the shop assistant listening to what they were talking.

With a crooked smile his sister left the changing room and went towards him, dropping in his lap.

"There must be a reason for the hickeys he tried to hide so well," she mused playfully, biting back a grin. "Or was it Joonyeo's fault?"

While Jungkook was frozen in his seat, his sister was already getting up again and leaving the store. Startled, he followed her when the shop assistant gave him the look.

"Buy me some ice cream, big brother!" Maei demanded once he had caught up with her. She sounded like the topic was over, so he bit back the questions that lingered on his tongue.

How could she change from affairs to ice cream? Moreover, from a gay affair of her brother with her fiancé. She must be more coldblooded than he had thought, or the wedding was driving her insane.

>><<