D-2: truth

Maei had left his room in the morning, only reminding him of the suits. She sounded broken, but Jungkook did not ask for the reason. There was no need to ask, he knew.

Now, he was standing in front of the tailor and waited for Jimin. He had come here from his workplace and was a little early, but after waiting for half an hour, he decided to go inside and try on his suit first. The bell above the door rang when he entered.

"Ah, Mr. Jeon! Where's the groom?"

"He's late."

"Hopefully, he won't be late on his big day." A rectangular smile appeared on Mr. Kim's face.

"Yeah..."

"Do you want to try on your suit?"

"Yes, please."

After ten minutes, he admired the work of his favorite tailors. It was perfect. The blue-striped shirt he wore today matched the outfit, and he made a mental note to give it to Miss Kim for dry-cleaning.

When he heard the store's bell, he left the changing room to see if it was the one he had been waiting for.

Jimin was welcomed by Mr. Min who led him into the now empty changing room and brought his suit.

"May I see?" Jungkook asked, after he had knocked on the cabin's wooden door.

"Of course. Come in," he heard the brunette's melodious voice.

"Could you leave us for a moment?" he asked the tailor.

The gray-haired nodded and left the room, closing the door behind him. Finally, they were alone. It felt as if they had not seen each other for days.

"It hurts, "Jungkook uttered. "Seeing you with my sister hurts like shit!"

"I'm sorry."

"For what? For making me fall for you?"

"For playing with you like I played with everyone else." It had only been a whisper, but it cut through Jungkook's eardrum like a bomb. His heartbeat accelerated. Did he just get that right? Played?

"No, don't go! Listen to me!" Jimin cried when he grabbed his wrist when he was about to leave the room. "I just have my charms, that's all I have, you know." His expression was a mask of pain, reflecting what was going on in Jungkook's chest when he began to understand that all of this had been a lie. All the kisses, all the hugs, all had been a game for Jimin.

"I'm the born flirt and I used it. Not only for my own benefit, but also for my parents. What else do I have?" the smaller asked, his voice raw. "I'm not smart like you and your sister. I always have been average. I have nothing to brag about. So flirting became my thing, because I could manipulate people that way." The first tear rolled down his cheek and Jungkook had to hold himself back from brushing it away and pulling the older into his arms. He had been used, his heart had been abused for Jimin to feel good. He was just a toy that could be discarded when it became to bothersome.

"I didn't know how to impress you. I had to make you believe that I'm the stronger one, or you would never have accepted me. I didn't know I would end up hurting both of us. Please forgive me." Jimin's broke at the last sentence, and silent sobs rocked through his body.

Jungkook pulled his wrist from the other's grip. Jimin had not even been interested in him to begin with, it had just been a game for power. And Jungkook had lost. He had lost to the older just like every single person before him.

"It must have been fun to watch me fall," he rasped. His throat felt like he had eaten sandpaper.

"No. No, you don't understand," Jimin sobbed, "I fell for you! I thought I was in control, but I was wrong."

Jimin fell for him? He fell for him? In love? It was the only thing that had space in Jungkook's head. And then he remembered the confession from three days ago that had been drowned out by all the other stuff that had been going on and how Jimin had been shocked about his own words and had run away. He had run away because he had realized that something had gone wrong, that his game had backfired. Now it made sense.

Jungkook focused back on the other. Jimin looked like shit. His arms wrapped around his own body and shaken by sobs, he stood there, head hanging low. The suit looked ridiculous on him, and the picture of smiling Jimin with sweater-paws came up to Jungkook's mind and his expression softened. He had met the real Jimin, the one who got shy from a touch and blushed from a kiss.

"I'm not your first one." A nod.

"But I'm the first one you fell for." Another nod.

"I lo-h... I love you," Jimin's soft voice sounded, interrupted by a hiccup.

Jungkook wanted to be angry at him, at least a little, he seriously tried. He had been approached with the intention of being played with, had been used without a concern for his feelings, but he just could not be angry at the picture of misery in front of him. Letting out a sigh, he pulled the smaller into his arms.

"I love you, too," he whispered against the other's temple.

Big eyes looked up at him. Well, now he said it. There was no going back from here. With a big smile, he leaned down for a kiss, and sweet happiness seeped into his body when he felt Jimin's soft lips catching his. Yes, Jimin was a flirt, but now he was his flirt.

"Come on, my little flirt. We need to leave. There is something called bachelor party waiting for us. Let's forget about all that shit for one night."

The eye-smile found its way back onto Jimin's face and he bit his lip shyly. Jungkook shook his head. "I'll never call you hyung."

"Yah!"

"Nope, not a chance. You are too cute to take you serious."

>><<