1

I came up with an amazing HORROR + FICTION Story. So buckle up your seatbelts coz we are going on a long journey.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 12 o clock and I was in my bed, thinking about the girl who ruined my dress just before the great occasion of date with my crush.

And yeah, the date really didn't go well and we broke up even before we started dating.

Then I was thinking about how David disrespected his girlfriend in front of the whole crowd, I mean how could he do that? And I was thinking about the other stuff too. Curse my overthinking.

Actually, I am a student and live way miles from my native place, because of my dream, a dream to study in a reputed university.

So, my roommate is a nice girl. And we have been friends from the 1st day when she moved in. Guess how? Coz she is introvert and she is not much curious about my schedule or what am I doing? That's what I like the most.

I still remember that day when she moved in and she told me some of her rules

Rule 1: She is introverted so DND her at any cost.

Rule 2: I can do whatever I want, just Do Not Disturb her.

Rule 3: Don't wake up her after midnight.

(I don't know what this last rule mean, but I am happy that she won't gossip, she won't peep into my messages, she won't care if I am still single.)

I looked at the moon, actually, my bed is parallel with a large window, so when I lie at night, I can see stars and moon, and in the morning the direct sun rays woke me up automatically without any alarm.

I was annoyed at first, but now it's habitual. And I do love to see the moon at night.

Today is full moon day. Which unlock the memories of my Grandma. Every winter night she used to tell me stories, the stories about the supernatural. And I used to believe in them, I like to wander my imagination by chasing those immortal creatures. The creatures which are formed from my imagination.

The little blue dinosaurs, the tooth fairy, the grumpy, and the Rudy. They were my imaginary friends, I still remember them. I used to play with them hours and hours. I even refuse to go to school. But after moving out of my grandma's home. I lost her, her memories, and my imaginary friends too.

Yeah, I took the therapy for a year. And then I forget all about those dark memories and here I am.

The popular girl in college. Everyone knows me, and want to know more about me, yeah, many girls hate me. They think that I stole their boyfriend's but someone needs to tell them, to stop being jealous over me.

I got up and walked towards the window. I don't know why but I like to see the beauty of the moon.

Entangled into my thoughts I peeped out of the window. Standing at the window, feeling the chill air, I was watching the dark sky and dancing stars, with the one and only moon on the stage.

And suddenly I saw a shadow, yeah, a shadow, hovering over the lake in front of me.

Yeah, we have that lotus pond in front of our hostel, and maybe this natural beauty I like the most, hence I change my bed from left side to right side and I am glad that Trisha didn't mind it.

But what's with me, Am I started hallucinating again? Ahh, I need to take some pills now.

I went near my table and opened the drawer, where I heard the whispers, now I am definitely hallucinating.

I took one of the pills immediately and gulp liters of water in my throat.

Then I slowly turned my head towards the window, to close it. It was not my intention to peep out of the window, but my curiosity. Curse my curiosity. I saw a shadow and a dead cat. Oh my and that shadow suddenly looked at me and then I panicky struggling to close the window and it won't budge. And then by all force I about the close the window, when I saw a manly figured approaching towards me, with golden glowing eyes. And then I closed the window rapidly.

I hurriedly buried myself in bed. And with blankets, I cover each and every part of my body. (Just the Egyptian Mummy) Breathing heavily. I was sweating all through my body.

I was not sure whether it's my hallucination, but it all felt so real. And I don't have that courage to double-check my intuition, and to open the window and looked for that dead cat or that manly figure.

For that moment I wish even my ex-boyfriend would be here with me. Yeah, I remember I told him that he is so useless, I don't want to tolerate him. And his sight makes me feel sick. And that's how we broke up.

I slowly peeped out my blanket. All I could see is darkness. Thank god, there was no shadow or ghost-like ghosts can pass through anything. And so, I am relieved. I took some long breaths. And looked at the clock. What? Already at 3 o'clock. I need to sleep.

I was trying to sleep by closing my eyes, but of no use, my mind was repeating all the scenarios of that dead cat and that shadow.

Thanks for reading. If you like the chapter then please comment. For better experience read this story in dark mode. Stay Safe. Stay Healthy.