Chapter 6

Quote of the day

The only thing stopping your dreams from becoming realities is you
-Me (I think)

Astrid's POV

What did Stoick think he was doing? He was taking the mighty Dragon Master and making him fight Whispering Deaths. And he was making it timed. I could easily see the Night Fury chained to the wooden square that was being lowered into the ocean. And to make matters worse, the dragon was unconscious. 

I couldn't see the Dragon Master's face but I could tell he was worried. I don't know how or why, but I felt bad for him. Stoick never did this to anyone. Maybe it was because the dragon reminded him of his lost wife and son. 

I heard people betting on if the dragon would live or die. Most people said he would die. I was thinking that myself. How in the name of Thor would the Dragon Master defeat an island full of Whispering Deaths without a weapon before his dragon was completely submerged? 

He briefly looked at the ships and turned back to the holes in the grounds. There was a rumbling and I saw a Whispering Death shoot out of the ground. It set it's white eyes on the Dragon Master and there was a collective gasp in the ship. 

The Dragon Master then stuck him hand out like he was begging for it to be eaten. Then, the most magical thing I had ever seen happened. The Whispering Death looked at the hand in puzzlement for a moment and then leaned in toward it. The Dragon Master murmured a few words to it and then he climbed on. He climbed on top of a Whispering Death and it was fine with it. At first I was confused at how he sat on it. Weren't they covered in spikes? Then I saw the neck. It was bare. 

The Whispering Death took off into the air and there was another rumbling. The scariest creature I had ever seen in my life came out. It was giant and white with blood red eyes. The Screaming Death. I had only ever heard tales about it. I didn't know it was real. I felt a thud behind me. A viking had fainted and rightly so. What if the giant beast attacked the ships?

At once, the Dragon Master took off into the air wit the Screaming Death close behind. The dragon had stopped being lowered into the ocean temporarily because of the shock but was starting to resume.

"You know babe, if you faint, I'll catch you," said an annoyingly familiar voice behind me.

"What do you want Snotlout?" I asked.

"Come on, I'll catch you," he said again. I turned to face him.

"I'd much rather be tossed on that island."

"You know that's not true, Astrid," he said.

"It is," I deadpanned.

"But it's not."

"Go away Snotlout", I said. His eyes widened and he backed away. All of the vikings on the ship did. Then, I saw a shadow. I looked behind me and my eyes widened in fear. The Screaming Death's face was mere inches away from mine. 

A/N Sorry for the short chapter. I didn't have much time and wanted to end on a cliffhanger. What do you think of the story so far? Also, as you probably already saw, this chapter is dedicated to Hiccstrid_for_life. Thank you so much for following me! Have a great rest of your day:)