Chapter 14

Quote of the day

Forgive, but never forget

Astrid's POV

I'm Hiccup Haddock, Astrid. I'm the son of Stoick the Vast.

His last words played over and over in my head. He was Hiccup.

 The Hiccup that I had grown to have a crush on.

The Hiccup that had run away from Berk three years ago.

If anyone had told me a few days ago that the great Dragon Master was the fishbone of a viking that was the future chief of Berk, I would've laughed in their face.

There were so many things that I wanted to say.

Instead, I got up and ran into the woods.

I heard him yelling behind me to stop and listen, but that only made me run faster.

Tears were freely falling from my eyes, making my vision blurry.

Once I was far enough away from him, I sat down under a tree and put my head in my hands.

Unlike the other time I had sat down and cried, these tears were silent.

I hated him.

I hated him for leaving Berk.

I hated him for leaving me.

I hated him for riding a Night Fury.

I hated him for being so brave.

I hated him for being so good-looking.

I hated him for being so hard to hate.

I knew I was being selfish. We should've just believed that he'd shot down that Night Fury and gone to check on it. Instead, we had teased him about it.

It was a miracle that he hadn't come to get his revenge.

I now realized how mean we'd all been to him. He was way too underappreciated.

I let the tears flow until there weren't anymore to come. 

My arm had begun throbbing again, and as much as I wanted to stay away from Hiccup, I knew I would have to go to him sooner or later.

I decided it would be better sooner than later.

I got up and walked back to where Hiccup and Toothless had last been, not bothering to conceal the traces of tears from my eyes.

I felt bad afterwards, though.

When he saw me, his face fell and he looked like a tortured soul.

I sat down next to him and held out my arm.

He understood and put the medicine and bandages on it. 

When he was done, I got up and sat down underneath another tree that was closer to Hiccup and Toothless.

Hiccup cleaned up our supplies, and said, "We need to leave now if you want to get back to Berk by tomorrow."