Chapter 21

Quote of the day

When you focus on the good, the good gets better

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess who's finally back with another chapter? I AM!! Yayyy! 

*Throws confetti in the air*

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Like I said in the author note thing, I was having trouble finding inspiration for this book and was working on my other writing project to switch things up a bit. So yeah. 

Also, THIS BOOK HAS 3K READS!!!!!! I legit cannot believe you guys right now. Thank you so much! And it has over 100 votes!!!! I never thought it would get to this. I honestly never did. Especially since I've probably lost over half my readers due to not updating in so long. 

I dedicated the chapter to Ofeymofie1234567890. Thanks so much for following me!

Anyway, I'll stop the note now, so you guys can read. Hope you all enjoy the chapter :)

Astrid's POV

"So you finally admit it!" Heather exclaimed. "You do like Hiccup!"

"Yes, Heather. I do," I grumbled. She had been teasing me about it since yesterday.

"This is great," she said, excitedly. "Now, when are you getting married? What do you want to name your kids? I would love to babysit them sometime! Oh, and-"

"Heather!" I shouted, a faint pink dusting my cheeks. 

She looked up from polishing her double-bladed ax and pressed her lips together, trying not to smile when she saw a very confused looking Hiccup, standing beside Toothless, a few yards away from us. 

Oh Thor. What if he had heard our conversation? I would probably die of embarrassment. 

"Who's kids are you going to babysit, Heather?" he asked, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Then, I registered the question he had asked and started panicking again. 

Oh, yo-"

"NO ONES!" I shouted, clamping a hand over her mouth. 

"Ooo-kaayy," he said. Then, shook his head lightly and said, "You guys should come back to the arena soon. We need to talk about Drago."

"Sure, yeah. OK! Yep. Sure. Of course. You can go now," I said, nervously.

He frowned. "Astrid, are you alright?"

"Yeah. I mean, why wouldn't I? I've never been better," I said in a false cheerful voice.

"If you say so," he said, getting on Toothless and flying away.

I waited until he was completely out of sight, before turning to glare at Heather.

"He almost found out!" I shouted.

She laughed and said, "Would that really be such a bad thing?"

"Yes! Yes it would!"