Chapter 15

Quote of the day

Everyday may not be good, but there is something good in every day

Hiccup's POV

If 14-year-old Hiccup had known that Astrid, his long time crush would kiss him so he could come back to Berk, he would've left a lot sooner.

The first thing I registered was how soft her lips were. 

The second thing I registered was that it was Astrid kissing me. And it wasn't just on the cheek.

She was actually kissing me.

But I wasn't kissing her back. 

14-year-old Hiccup would've kissed her back, but I wasn't young anymore.

So, I pulled away and said softly, "No. Not even that."

I regretted it, because she looked so sad, but there was no way I could come back to Berk. 

I walked away before she could say anything else but, I glanced at her and saw a tear falling down the side of her face.

I hated myself for doing that to her, but I really had no choice.

How could I live among people who hated dragons? 

There would be no way that the chief would let a Night Fury live on Berk and I wasn't going to ever leave Toothless.

Well, maybe he would do it for his son, but I couldn't tell him that, either.

It would raise too many questions.

I wandered around aimlessly for a few more minutes before deciding that I should go back to Astrid.

Only then did I realize that I had no idea whatsoever where I was. 

This wasn't the first time I'd been lost, though, and I knew what to do.

I called out to Toothless using a dragon call.

The could carry on for a long distance and Toothless knew if I was doing a dragon call or if it was another dragon.

Within a few minutes, I saw Toothless flying toward me with a figure on his back.

Astrid.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her once Toothless had landed.

"Why do you care? It's not like you're going to be with me the rest of my life," she said. I looked at her and found her eyes to be the complete opposite of her tone; hollow. What used to look like the morning sky had turned into the colour of the sky just before a thunderstorm. They were a little red around the edges, too.

It was clear that she hated me.

I honestly didn't blame her, though.

I was about to reach out to her, to comfort her, but stopped midway.

The last thing she probably wanted was for me to comfort her.