Chapter 12

Quote of the day

The more you hide your feeling for someone, the more you fall for them

Hiccup's POV

I warned her. I had warned her that we should leave when her arm got better, but did she listen? No!

"Astrid, I told you that it was going to be a long journey to Berk. I told you that we should've waited for your arm to get better," I said.

"I thought you meant on a boat! Isn't Toothless the fastest dragon?" she asked.

"Yes, he is, but we would have to fly very fast. And we would have to do it for about 24 hours straight. I can do that, but I don't think you can. Definitely not with your arm in the condition it is," I said, feeling bad for her. 

We had stopped for a small ten minute break which had turned into and hour. Now, she was cradling her arm, trying not to show her pain. It was obvious that if I didn't put any medicine on it, she would start crying from pain. 

"Do you live on the outskirts of the Archipelago or something?" she asked me.

"No. I live outside it," I said, looking at her with sympathy.

"Can you please just put some medicine on it?" she asked. She sounded miserable.

"Of course. Just stay there."

I motioned for Toothless to come to me and reached into the saddle bag, looking for the medicine and bandages. I found the bandages and took them out. I reached back in for the medicine, but my fingers found a crumpled piece of paper, instead. 

I un-crumpled it and could feel the blood draining out of my face. It was Drago's letter.

To be honest, I had forgotten about it by now. 

My panic must have shown because then Astrid asked me, "What is it?"

"Nothing," I answered a little too quickly.

"It's something. I know it is. Or you wouldn't look like you just saw Oden's ghost."

"Wasn't your arm hurting?" I asked in a failed attempt to change the subject.

"Just tell me, for Thor's sake. What's the worse that'll happen?"

Nothing. We both knew that she had won the argument, so I gave her the paper.

"Just decline the offer," she said, like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"I can't Astrid. His name is signed in Night Fury blood. That's an indication that if I don't team up with him, he'll hurt Toothless. And I can't let that happen under any circumstance," I said.

"You really love that dragon," was all she said.

"He's my best friend. He's my only friend."

"Agree to the deal, then," she said.

"What!"

"Agree to it. You would be able to get close to this Drago person. And then, you can defeat him," she said.