Chapter 19

Quote of the day

Do not be embarrassed by your failures. Learn from them and start again
-Richard Branson

Hiccup's POV

This was going to be way harder than I thought. 

Why did I ever think this was a good idea? I didn't think there was any way any of them could learn how to train and ride dragons.

 Except maybe Astrid and Fishlegs. 

They were the only ones with sufficient enough knowledge.

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair as I watched the sun rise up.

I knew I had no choice, though. I doubted that Drago wold start tracking down Berk just yet, but I really wouldn't put anything past him. 

I was just pondering over whether I should lay down and hope to catch a few winks of sleep when the sun came up completely. 

Wonderful.

I had barely slept at all last night due to stress.

I groaned and got up.

After having a quick drink of water, I took an apple and woke up Toothless.

He wasn't very happy, but obliged all the same.

I got on and we took off. 

I needed to find out what dragons the twins should have.

They wanted a destructive one, and to agree to that would be like signing away everyone's life. 

Then again, nearly every dragon was destructive and the ones that weren't didn't live anywhere close to Berk, so that was the only option I had.

I decided that it would be better to have both the twins control one destructive dragon instead of having their own. 

They would be getting a Zippleback. 

Thankfully, there were more destructive dragons out there, so a Zippleback shouldn't be a problem. 

Right?

_~~~_

It was a problem alright. 

When I broke the news to the twins, I could practically see the gears turning in their heads as they processed the fact that the dragon I was giving them could breath gas that exploded. 

"Oh, Hiccup, you are the absolute best," Tuffnut said, squishing me in a hug. 

"Right...Your welcome...I can't breath, Tuff," I said.

He let go of me and went to his sister.

They went to the corner and started whispering.

"Are there any dragons at all on Berk?" I asked the rest.

"No. The chief had them all killed," Astrid responded.