Chapter 5

The best and most beautiful
things in the world cannot be seen or even touch- they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

______________________________
Fareedah's POV

"What the hell are you doing here"I said in anger
If look could kill he would be six feet below by now

"Mimi manners" Ammiey almost yell at me,which is very rare

"Am sorry Ammiey" with that I went to my room.

"Asmy" I called out entering my room

"Yes ya mimi'' she answered still typing on her iPhone

"What are you doing in my room" is not that I don't want her in my room I just want to be alone right now.

"Ammiey sent me away, and sis you don't expect me to stay in the same room with that donkey" she said the last part gritting her teeth.

My siblings is just tolerating him due to him being Abba sister son.

"Whatever I can't let him spoil my mood"

Entering the bathroom I did my business and enter the closest then change into my pyjama.

Coming out i saw Ammiey sitting by the side of my bed Asma'u is not in.

" Mama na zauna" she said patting the bed
"What is the meaning of the stunt you pull downstairs"

"Ammiey am sorry,is just that after what he did he is still not ashamed to come here"

"I know, but he is your cousin and older than you,or do you want his mom to come here and be shouting on my head"

"No Ammiey, is it that they don't understand a single English, I said am not interested"

"Fareedah, fareedah" how many times did I call you.
Ammiey can be dramatic sometimes but still she is the best,I love her more than anything.

''twice Ammiey"

"You will be clocking 25 next month,yet you don't have any man not to talk of marriage plans"

I already know where this conversation is going "am a doctor and marriage is not in my agenda for now,there are lots of surgery,workshop and conference ahead of me"

''This is what you have been saying for the past 2 year, men are who I know to reject proposal but your own case is different you are the one doing the rejection"

''Because am special" I said with a grin

"Your mates are already married with kids, while you keep scaring men away"

"Marriage is not something to rush into when the right time comes I will surely get married and am not ever going to get married to that idiot"

"We as your parent cannot see a pit and throw you inside ,we can't allow you to marry him" she said then continue

''You know that they are using the excuse of you not having anyone to blackmail your dad,they are that desperate''

"I know am just scared"

"Is it about him,he will also want you to be happy,why are you doing this to yourself"

By now am almost crying bcos this is the part I dreaded.

"Your Abba love you a lot if not with all the pressure he would have force someone on you"

''I know Ammiey I just needed sometime"

My father's family are very conservative,they are on Abba neck to get me married.
Its like a tradition for all the girls to get married before they clock 20,highest 22 but me being me I broke record and everybody is not happy about it.